Wind (electrical) generators, please?

(i did a quick search before posting, have been surprised to not find such an obvious suggestion, surely i must have just missed it, please bear with me)

wind generators are IRL simpler to build than crafting solar panels. in cacaclysm:dda buding a wind generator could be as simple as building a tower (of two-by-four’s or pipes), adding an electrical engine, several (2+) fan blades, (probably a transmission box when/if those arrive to cdda) — and we would be good to go. c’mon, it’s not even electronics!

waterwheel generator is another possibility.

currently though to the best of my knowledge there’s no way to transport electricity from point A to point B other than in a charged battery… it would be great to be able to stretch wires to connect different devices, for example charging an electric car/quadbike directly from a generator or a stack of large batteries in a corner would be great.

with the way vehicle construction works in cdda, with all the great stuff players come up with (solar-powered fridge! segway! base lighting!) and new ways to use electricity, a proper power mini-station is something of a must have in game =)

p.s. i enjoy cataclysm:dda immensely, however i tend to role-play it rather than explore every possible fantastic weapon or trying on every mutation… that’s why i really miss some of rather simple and obvious-ish post-apocalyptic constructions.

Wind was only recently added into the game, and even then it’s just a bare bones “number” that interacts with windchill. Once it gets more fleshed out, you might start to see things like this cropping up.

I’d like it, as simple stuff like water purification and whatnot can be unceasingly annoying.

imho that’s more than enough to have windmills and even simulate dependance on weather.

binding a key (shift+) to “craft continuously while possible” helps a bit while requiring special attention to inventory, surrounding objects and safe location though =)

I’m going to guess you don’t have the latest experimentals. Jumper cables (small, long, insane) have already been added and let you transfer power from one vehicle to another.

thank you for the heads-up! that’s great news. i tend to follow changelogs of major unstable releases but i do skip experimental ones… just to be able to play more one character/world than a couple of days in a relatively stable environment :wink:

imho that’s more than enough to have windmills and even simulate dependance on weather.

binding a key (shift+) to “craft continuously while possible” helps a bit while requiring special attention to inventory, surrounding objects and safe location though =)[/quote]

I meant more on the resources side of things. Water is pretty common to come by, but to have to deal with finding/crafting a purifier, making tons of batteries for it and recharging it, using fires, or having all the stuff set up on a car is a frequent case of “shouldn’t I be able to deal with this more easily.” The car thing is probably more easy now, but it was harder to deal with before.

ah, I see. you’re right, tedious is the word =)

ah, I see. you’re right, tedious is the word =)[/quote]
now you should check this up! looks like from now on it’s possible to batch-craft :wink: