Vehicle forge rig (and others) not craftable

I’m running experimental 2440 right now, and have made a moderately successful run of things. I’ve trained up my fabrication and electronic skills to appropriate levels, and have a book containing the recipe, but I cannot craft the vehicle forge rig; the option simply does not appear in the crafting menu. After some experimenting, I found that I cannot actually get the recipe out of my book either. It is listed as one of the contained recipes, but the game won’t acknowledge it’s there. To clarify, I have read the book repeatedly and it no longer lets me read to learn more, but in the item description, still shows that I have not memorized the recipe. When I noticed this, I also found that Handheld Game System and Recharging Station were not “learned” either, and similarly refused to show up in my crafting menu.

So, basically, it seems to be a bug in the experimentals that certain recipes cannot be used, despite having the recipe source and the necessary skills. I updated to the most recent experimental after determining this, and as of 2452, it’s still not working.

Some books require higher skills to learn certain recipes from them. For example, Electronic Circuit Theory (electronics skillbook obviously) will not teach you how to make forge rig if you have only 4 mechanics, despite forge rig having only 4 difficulty. And if you can’t learn it from book, you probably can’t craftlearn it from the same book either.
At what levels are your relevant skills exactly?

What does the book say when you try to read it and when you finish reading it? Does it show up as yellow or white in the inventory?
What book is it?

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8128”]Some books require higher skills to learn certain recipes from them. For example, Electronic Circuit Theory (electronics skillbook obviously) will not teach you how to make forge rig if you have only 4 mechanics, despite forge rig having only 4 difficulty. And if you can’t learn it from book, you probably can’t craftlearn it from the same book either.
At what levels are your relevant skills exactly?

What does the book say when you try to read it and when you finish reading it? Does it show up as yellow or white in the inventory?
What book is it?[/quote]
I was halfway through replying when I thought to check the item browser, and found that my skills were indeed just too low for the given book. Problem solved! Thanks.

Mods, feel free to lock/remove this thread as needed. I can’t figure how to do it myself (all manner of clueless today, it seems).