Vehicle Cargo Volumes

I’m thinking cheapass metal shelf you throw in there, bolt down, and have straps for shit. Very much jerry-rigged XD[/quote]
I’m imagining that, and it strikes me as being incredibly fragile, and having less capacity than a trunk, since you only have the surface area of the shelves rather than the volume of the trunk to work with.

I’m thinking cheapass metal shelf you throw in there, bolt down, and have straps for shit. Very much jerry-rigged XD[/quote]
I’m imagining that, and it strikes me as being incredibly fragile, and having less capacity than a trunk, since you only have the surface area of the shelves rather than the volume of the trunk to work with.[/quote]

Fragile perhaps, but it’s not meant to be an external thing. I’m sure you’ve seen the houses on wheels I’ve built in the vehicle thread… Sure they go a hundred miles an hour, but it’s not really something that’d realistically take rough terrain (Or even hundred miles an hour really) Not to mention the shelves would ideally be adjustable as needed.

All that said, it’s just my vision, not my game XD

How about this then:

*Truck Bed = 1000 (Insecure, items have a chance to fall out/shift unless you bound it with obstacle tiles, also means you need to close your tailgate!)
Trunk = 600 (I really think 700 could be argued as completely realistic, but I feel 600 is a “balanced” value)
Floor Trunk = 400 (I shouldn’t be too much less than a trunk, as the benefit is rather minimal it’s not even 4 cu ft)
Bed = 200 (assume stowed below sleeping surface)
Seat = 100 (assume stored under/behind)
Aisle = 50
Box = 300
*Bike Basket = 100 (found on bikes, 0.8 cu ft)
*Stow-Board = 300
Mini-Fridge = 300 (2.6cu ft, I think this is spot on)
RV Kitchen = 300 (One standard drawer plus a small cupboard could reasonably hold 2.6cu ft)
Weld-Rig = 200
FoodCo Buddy = 100 (One drawer, 19x4x24in is ~30l so 120vol would be equiv)
Forge = 50 (as per the PR pending)

• Items do not yet exist in-game

I think most of these values are grounded in reality (and if anything are undersized, potentially reflecting non-careful packing), and represent reasonably balanced cargo capacity.

Edit: Changed mounted forge to 50vol to reflect the PR pending on it.
I am playing now with these values to get a feel for how well they work (sans bike baskets and truck beds).