Vampiric Stuff's Mod Thread

oh then I have had noooo luck with finding them. I have never seen them

This mod is very hard to early game.
I dont know if you already explore a entire city or if you already recruit a vampire, in my experience you need a good gun an some support just for deal with the blood zombies outside crypts.
Once I start a game and a vampire was next to me, after recruit that guy he alone wipe entire towns. I feel like a secondary character that carry things and the vamp was the hero.

oh. I got a brand new save but I spawned the books hopeing they could help me with finding a blood draw kit (again I had thought its was mod added) I prefer to live out in the woods. so no city exploration yet. But i do have a town Fairly close. and a city I can drive to when I got a car built

Never try the woods myself and about cars I use the ones I find working.
But if you want some tech soner or later you need raid a library or a school (careful with the last one)
In my opinion you need a ton of luck to find and recruit vampires and are far away from aquire mutations to be like one, until youre lot more skilled and well equiped.
Have fun!

thanks and I tend for the lone sniper. I tend for mod or make vehicles Right know I am making what I call ā€œthe Queenā€™s Nestā€ (going spider queen aka spider mutation) and its going to be a boat still in it early stages tho

2 Likes

Hail!
So, this have been happening over here.
Donā€™t know if i could ignore then, or if something broke with the most recent CDDA updates.
"
DEBUG : warnings for type v_hemo_tip:
item v_hemo_tip: snippet category v_hemo_tips without any snippets

FUNCTION : void Item_factory::check_definitions() const
FILE : src/item_factory.cpp
LINE : 1168
"

DEBUG : warnings for type v_elem_tip:
item v_elem_tip: snippet category v_elem_tips without any snippets

FUNCTION : void Item_factory::check_definitions() const
FILE : src/item_factory.cpp
LINE : 1168
"

Thatā€™s harmless and you can Ignore it for now. Iā€™ll fix it later :wink:

EDIT: update the mod from github repository for the fix to apply.

1 Like

new error with the mod, its with the succumzombie. cant play till fix rip.

Redownload the mod for the fix :wink:

Whatā€™s the purpose of this commit:ā€œMGOAL_FIND_ITEM changed to MGOAL_NULLā€? It seems broke these missions
, and we can never finish them.

It was to take use of dialogue conditions as the ā€œMGOAL_FIND_ITEMā€ was causing some problems. I know thereā€™s a better work around with the new NPC dialogue features, but I stopped updating the mod.

In the latest experimental
Several errors including

DEBUG : (json-error)
Json error: data/mods/vamp_stuff/Modification_Files/Items/Armor_Set/v_armor_recipes.json:11:12: Invalid or misplaced field name ā€œtimeā€ in JSON data, or value in unexpected format.

"difficulty": 6,
"book_learn": [ [ "vamp_darkfashion1", 10 ] ],
"time":
       ^
"qualities": [ { "id": "CUT", "level": 1 }, { "id": "SEW", "level": 1 }, { "id": "BINFUSING", "level": 1 } ],
"components": [ [ [ "duster_survivor", 1 ] ], [ [ "compactsheet", 5 ] ], [ [ "stickyblood", 2 ] ] ]

FUNCTION : void JsonObject::report_unvisited() const
FILE : src/json.cpp
LINE : 146
VERSION : 6447b56

DEBUG : (json-error)
Json error: data/mods/vamp_stuff/Modification_Files/Items/Armor_Set/v_armor_recipes.json:24:12: Invalid or misplaced field name ā€œtimeā€ in JSON data, or value in unexpected format.

"difficulty": 6,
"book_learn": [ [ "vamp_darkfashion1", 10 ] ],
"time":
       ^
"qualities": [ { "id": "CUT", "level": 1 }, { "id": "SEW", "level": 1 }, { "id": "BINFUSING", "level": 1 } ],
"components": [ [ [ "pants_survivor", 1 ] ], [ [ "compactsheet", 4 ] ], [ [ "stickyblood", 2 ] ] ]

FUNCTION : void JsonObject::report_unvisited() const
FILE : src/json.cpp
LINE : 146

and similar ones

Also:
DEBUG : Error: crypt_map (itype) has two definitions from the same source (vamp_stuff)!

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 926

popup on character gen. The game then auto exits char gen, rendering the mod unusable

Regarding the ā€œtimeā€ bit, it seems they have switched from using a big number like 45200, to more understandable format of ā€œ1 hā€, ā€œ30 mā€, ā€œ1 h 30 mā€.
Iā€™ve found this by comparing vamp_stuff crafting recipes and cdda crafting recipes