Underground Galore idea

Hmmmmm…that flesh Forrest idea made my brain go crazy with amount of ideas actually, that is one very interesting concept I will say that and I am very interested.

Especially the fact it pairs well with a creature I alredy coded (but won’t spoil here :slight_smile:) named “rotten bellow” for the aberration faction.
I would actually like to code that and it’s actually possible, it’s gonna take a good amount of time to atleast get the environment itself created as it on its own is “alive”.

I will see what I can do, maybe I can experiment a bit at first and see how things go from there. I and not That good at JSON been practicing and slowly getting better at everything XD

I know I wrote a lot of content in the thread. As did other people. But in short: Houses can be small layers. Lab like deep layers with more difficulty and top side can show the meat trees that try to grab you etc. Plus we already have those deformed mutant Thing creatures in game :wink:

I know, no spoilers. But have any thoughts about the creature heart that act similar to the stimpacks when eaten? Dehydrating the heart of the beast to keep it longer would be cool.

If you have anything you want to discuss on the topic revive the thread or pm me. Cheers!

1 Like

The mod has Alot ready and served but having problems with overmap terrain :confused: was wondering if I could.Pm anyone to look over the code. It’s for the mining shop it’s all good and put weight to 100000 for testing but dosent spawn anywhere

When you have questions, it’s probably better to just upload the things in question to your Github and ask. Folks’ll probably help out if they’re able, and it helps a lot to see all the stuff in question.

If your location uses a terrain that already exists, only adjusting the weight should be necessary, since that location already spawns in the game. Just make sure the “om_terrain” line in your mapgen entry matches the “om_terrain” of the location you want it to spawn as. IE: A new grocery store layout would already spawn, so long as your location also had the “om_terrain” line of s_grocery.

If your location is completely new, make sure you’ve set up both the overmap_terrain entry AND an overmap_special entry. The terrain tells the game how the location should look in the game map, but it doesn’t handle spawning. The special tells the game how to spawn that location (the where and how and how often, etc).

If you’ve done all of that, check the occurrences line in your special and set it to something absurdly high so it will spawn a lot for testing. IE:

"occurrences": [ 5, 20 ],

So, that’s my scattershot answer. Hopefully one of those was the issue.

Either way, again, I’d advocate for Github. I know you want to keep things secret for a big reveal when it’s ready, but more people will respond if they can see the problem in front of them.

1 Like

True true I will go on github and such for people to help me out, it’s not a big secret anymore just only a few special things are but actually I miss something and that was acurrance…so thanks XD I totally forgot that part.

It’s been a long while since I made a update. Been working out and in on the mod the pass days since I am on a small trip and no internet BUT I made alot of progress so far.

1. The new “abandon mine” location is ready and working. Can be found in Forrest and plains. Alot of the new content can be found there from the veins,monsters and materials. As well contain a secret hidden area for those that can find it! Currently there is only 2 different variations of it. But will expand. And the new “Mine shop” is mostly done there you can find alot of the new gem like items and very rarely some alredy in game ones like gold. And aswell mining needs.

2. You are not the only one out there in the cataclysim doing there things. There been people out there making sure they survive and personalize themselfs! New rare “Unknown manufacture” or “Ufracture” weapons can be found as a overmap special or in the new mine. one example is going to the plains and find one broken down modified vehicle with few of the rare nether monsters near it. There you have a chance to find a “Ufracture” weapons that range from melee and range. One of the most powerful avaliable is the “Ufracture ‘Rhino’”…I won’t spoil what it is but don’t use it as meele…pretty fragile and hand made…just be careful. There are NO ENERGY Ufracture weapons, only aceptable and more capable weapons for such a posibility.

3. New Craftable armors made out of “stone chitten” are ready, it’s like normal insect exoskeleton just a bit heavier and harder…a nice mid game armor alternative for none city folk :slight_smile:

4. New “obsidian” tip arrows (normal and heavy) and spear are in! Very Slightly better than normal wooden arrow and stone spear and can hold a BIT more abuse. But still no match to forged ones

5. As said befor new nether creatures can now spawn in the normal pool…next time yo go to a reality rift or see a few dead scientist be careful…you might like to see mi-go again. One of the new ones are “Hounds of tidalus” a dangerus fast eyeless hound from beyond this plain that scavenge through time. Be careful don’t get bitten!

6. New hand made jewlery! With the mod a few nifty little gems and minerals have been added and as such you will be able to craft some hand made ones! If you wanna sell or made your self bling…example are “Rose quartz necklace” using some wire and other small bits you can make a nice cheap necklace…or if you have a forge or some fire and alot if time you can make a “Gold rose quartz necklace” bit harder to make but…fancy :slight_smile:

Hope you all don’t mind a bit if wait! Kinda feel there is not enough tbh…
But give me.opinion,help or feed back very apreciated :smile:

1 Like

Obsidian is nice. Like normal glass and can be crafted with rocks to be pretty damn sharp. I used to wear one as a necklace irl. One can find the stuff in real life New England in gift shops and hotel shops. Arts andcraft stores also tend to have a mineral section. Lots of “new age” hippy stores have that stuff too, if you need ideas for any buildings that may have specialty rocks and mineral supplies.

after being inactive for a while I am back and we’ll this mod might come slow sadly :confused: next semester started for university. it’s not dead don’t worry just gonna be a bit slow and as well would need to update myself on CDDA to see what new things will be coming and such.

just expect it to take a while for it to even be shown :confused: might release a pre-alpha version if it so you guys mess around with it but don’t expect a lot of content that is for sure…but overall tea just wanted to keep tall updated!

2 Likes

After around maybe a few months been inactive (University can be one heck of a ocupator i will tell you that)

But in time i been going on and off but decided to put bit more effort. This will be a pretty short update but just s ya know its not dead.

*New Weapons Manufacturer “Revolving-Tresha” Or “Revo-T” have been added and as well few weapons. This Manifacturer are aimed at selling firearms based on old Colt 1850s Models with the iconic Cylinder. From efficient cheap civilian modernized 9mm revolvers, instead of magazines or clips, you got your old cylinder for those people who rather have cowboy in there blood, to expensive beutifully hand crafted, oak wood stock, gold label hunting rifle with Tresha’s signature and its four 308. chamberd revolving cylinder, for the fancy out there. This company wants to make sure to bring the wild west in to the modern world in many ways they can.

*Many new cave templats
New undeground wild life
6 New miner zombie types
New “Abandon mine” with 3 different templates: maze ruin mine with many blocked passage ways and best location to find undeground critters
Many new terrain types
New primitive weapons based on obsidian
New “Roka” Fruit found undeground: it taste like…copper and its bad but sure as hell is healthy
New rare subspeacies of undeground critters such as “Cryst Wyrm” and “Albino Wyrm”

and more to come, sorry for the delay

3 Likes

This is really awesome and i hope that you’ll be done with this ASAP because currently the only high-quality underground structures are anthills in vanilla and underground structures in Dorf Life mod