Labs are /dangerous/ now

Barely made it out of there alive (Had ; torso health). Would’ve been cactus if I’d tried to go melee.

It’s the skitterbots that are the main threat I think, because they ignore armour. Bio-operators can be shot down as they approach (the fact that they glow helps) and nothing else can do damage. But care (and a lot of ammo) is definitely called for.

and explosives.

or chain lightning

Coupled with the fact that armor’s very nerfed (my uber char with 10 melee and survivor armor was killed by a hulk in melee) I’d say you need firearms and EMP grenades to get through a lab.

On a similar note, military installations with rifle turrets are also very dangerous now. And they have searchlights! Wow.

Oh no, labs are dangerous now.

/sarcasm

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:5, topic:7124”]Oh no, labs are dangerous now.

/sarcasm[/quote]

I wasn’t complaining. More the opposite.

Re: Firearms, I find high-skill Archery to be very effective. You can get a surprising ROF because you don’t need to pause to reduce recoil, just keep firing.

I wish at very high skill levels you could get very silly fire rates, like Lars Andersen.

Zombie hulks are large and strong that if your survivor armor was successfully protecting you from a hulk’s hit’s I’d probably say that that was the bug more than if they don’t. You’re talking about the strength of zombie that demolishes walls for fun.

Zombie hulks are large and strong that if your survivor armor was successfully protecting you from a hulk’s hit’s I’d probably say that that was the bug more than if they don’t. You’re talking about the strength of zombie that demolishes walls for fun.[/quote]

Seconded. If you’re soaking Hulk hits you’re either in a tanksuit, are using a shield and have bionic armor to go with, or have phenomenal stats and MA training (TKD or Toad Style). Conventional armor just can’t cope.

So emm I havent been playing lately.

May I ask what new things spawn in them?

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

May I ask what new things spawn in them?[/quote]
Skitter bots, scientists, bio operators, teleporting turrets, cop bots, securibots, possibly tank bots (something blew my character to spectacular chunks), all kinds of nether beings (ALL OF THEM), and HORDES OF BLOBS.

Frankly, considering the value of most of them, the rewards have skyrocketed just as much as the difficulty

Sucks that appearently melee characters can’t survive there, now. Though…

You can be melee and ranged. I’m normally melee until I’m well situated to start building ranged weapons, and I still carry a katana as a backup.

Once you get ranged bionics its cake. Whether you prefer being Freiza or Laxus is entirely up to you.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).

Oh man how the fuck do I deal with these new turrets?

Edit: Nevermind. Darkness and metal arrows did the trick.

[quote=“Nathan_, post:15, topic:7124”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).[/quote]

Stupid question but what tileset are you using?

[quote=“Jarlaxle, post:17, topic:7124”][quote=“Nathan_, post:15, topic:7124”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:7124”]So emm I havent been playing lately.

this is right at the entrance by the way, there are more such rooms(and more in the various closets in this room).[/quote]

Stupid question but what tileset are you using?[/quote]
Coleen24

Seconded. If you’re soaking Hulk hits you’re either in a tanksuit, are using a shield and have bionic armor to go with, or have phenomenal stats and MA training (TKD or Toad Style). Conventional armor just can’t cope.[/quote]

I know right? That’s what I was saying. Before the armor nerf they weren’t doing much damage and it’s cool that it’s fixed.

Btw, what’s a tanksuit?

[quote=“Murphy, post:19, topic:7124”]I know right? That’s what I was saying. Before the armor nerf they weren’t doing much damage and it’s cool that it’s fixed.

Btw, what’s a tanksuit?[/quote]

Sorry, but it’s the first thing I think of when I hear the words “tank suit”.