To hit bonus on armor?

Is the to-hit bonus listed on armor and other clothing applied when you wear it? Or is that stat only used if you wield it as a weapon?

Only when you use it as a weapon. Which is dumb 8)

Thanks!

I was confused, because things like fingerless gloves give a +to hit, which I thought might mean they make it easier for you to hit things when they’re equipped.

it’s quite amusing, in a roguelike-like system that is cataclysm, everything is a weapon

^This. Even mismatched dirty socks are weapons of mass stinking destruction in the flinging hands of a character skilled in the ways of sock-throwing.

^This. Even mismatched dirty socks are weapons of mass stinking destruction in the flinging hands of a character skilled in the ways of sock-throwing.[/quote]

I have personally accidentally killed several zombies with whatever random objects I was carrying at the time because I forgot that picking up objects sometimes put them right into my hands.

It can be annoying, sometime,s to wonder why the heck it’s taking so long to kill this small pack of zombies, when I suddenly realize it’s because I’m hitting them with someone’s discarded children’s toys or a ripped shirt…

The fact that I can kill them this way anyway, however, is effing awesome.

I killed 5 zombies with a empty matchbook once.

Wasting glass jars you’re scavenging to preserve food by breaking them over zombies accidentally: annoying.