Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

So should I smash/disassemble solar panels on evac centers, for example?

You can yeah, disassembling them is a nice way to get a stock of solar panels.

One last one for now - do the hordes of zombies in town grow/replenish? Or can you eventually ‘clear’ a town?

From what I understand as long as you don’t have wander spawns enabled, you can eventually make an area safe.

From what I can tell, with wander spawns on you can significally reduce the amount of hordes and the number of zombies they contain over time as long as you keep clearing them.

I’ve managed to depopulate large sections of cities that I’ve been based in before just by doing regular patrols and killing everything I come across, I’ve never quite got it until nothing spawns ever but I’ve reduced it to the point I could spend days working out in the open on a vehicle and never see a zombie. I imagine it gets significantly more difficult the closer to the nameplate you try and keep clear though.

Cities have a spawn pool that you can deplete over time to zero, but zombies hordes on the overmap are attracted to town centers and will come wandering into your town from time to time even if you’ve emptied the town’s pool.

1 Like

What cures infection if there’s no wound to apply antiseptic to, like in the ‘Really Bad Day’ start?

You need to find some antibiotics. There are three kinds of antibiotics. Atreyupan is the weakest but can be commonly found in houses. Regular old antibiotics are better. Lastly, destragon is the most effective antibiotic but it tanks your health stat and is not that common.

Also, none of the antibiotics cure your infection right away, they only increase your chance of recovery but don’t guarantee it. Having a good Health stat also improves the chance of overcoming an infection.

If I’m banged up already, would you suggest using Destragon as a last resort? I just found some and haven’t found any other options, but I could also just see if the infection progresses further first?

I would use it right away. Infections are time bombs and the earlier you start treating them the better.

1 Like

For some reason my character refuses to drop more than two items of the same type (for example long strings) from the inventory at a time.
Moreover, if I go into advanced inventory management and use M to move all items at once, only two from the stack are actually moved at a time.
Any ideas what’s going on with that?
Playing latest experimental 10093

is a bug, there are some other thread of it too

i think there is an issue amde already but idk

When playing on experimental, does bandaging and cleaning my wounds make them heal faster?

yeah, but i think cleaning is just to prevent infections

Edit to avoid double posting; how can i find mushrooms?, i tried foraging and havent found any, and as far as i remember, i havent found any on my playthroughs, are they a separate plant?

Mushrooms are seasonal, as far as I remember.
So you can only find them in summer and autumn I think

2 Likes

Do animals respawn as seasons go on? Or will I need to continue traveling further and further from home to find meat, fat, and bone?

Iirc you can find them rarely in spring but I might be misremembering. Otherwise I believe Tamior is correct. You can only forage them in summer and fall.

Animals do reproduce have you ever noticed the little chicks running around for a example?

I believe you need a breeding pair for those that are not egg layers.

1 Like

I mean more for wild animals than personal breeding, but thank you! Good to know; I’m a Carnivore and it’s only Spring still, so I’m worried about eating everything up before I can properly preserve it.

Is there any indicator of what is good to dissect? I thought it was only zombies, but there’s been a few times at this point where a normal animal implies I should have dissected it, as I destroyed some ‘strange organ’ on it.