Tinhead9 Guide To Making a Base! WIP!

[size=20pt]HOW TO MAKE A BASE, TINHEAD9 STYLE[/size]
                                                                                                                        [size=18pt] CHAPTER ONE: BRASS TACKS![/size]

[size=8pt]Side note, this guide maaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy make you play like Vaas in Farcry 3… Maybe… Actually yeah, it will.[/size]

[size=12pt]Making a base is a serious thing, and you need to take a look at the area before you even decide to get materials. For example, a Cabin next to a Triffid Grove? Thats a big, big no-no. Heres the stuff you should be on a look-out for if your making a base. [/size]
[size=12pt][color=white]
[ul][size=12pt]
[list][li]Is it by water? If so, is there a nearby swamp? If there is a nearby swamp within five map squares, rethink your base location. A good base location would be a mansion, because it sometimes has a swimming pool, that usually has water in it.[/li]
[li]Is it within twelve map squares of a city? If so, GTFO. Hordes move around alot, and let me just say, the last thing you want while your building your base is a thousand angry riff-raff attacking your base.[/li][list]
[li]Is there a nearby lab? If so, Consider the risk of having voices in your head, or free Bionics and Mutations [/li]
[li]Is it by the following… [color=pink]Ancient Temple[/color], [color=green]Triffid Grove[/color], [color=white]City[/color], [color=black]Fungal Growth[/color], [color=blue]Swamps[/color],[color=yellow] Forests that have constant amounts of zombie animals coming out of it[/color], [color=beige]or a road?[/color] If so, consider the risks like this…[/li]
[/list][/size]
[size=12pt]High Danger Alert: Triffid Grove, Fungal Growth, Ancient Temples
[size=12pt]Medium Alert: Cities, Swamps, Rivers, Forests that have constant amounts of zombie animals coming out of it.[/size]
[size=12pt]Low Danger Alert: Roads, Plains, Peaceful Forests,[/size]

[size=18pt]CHAPTER TWO: DECIDING YOUR LOCATION[/size]

[size=12pt]Honestly, my favorite location as a early game survivor is a [color=red]LMOE Shelter[/color] But don’t stay in them for too long, because they can get boring quick. Plus, you have a large lack of escape routes in case a hulk breaches it. But don’t worry, time freezes above ground while your underground!
But, if your going to make a hardcore base, with you being heavily guarded, under constant attack by hordes and winning like a boss, or would you rather sit in a boring LMOE shelter and die of starvation?

You should try and get a cabin a tile away from a road if you can. A mansion works too, but a cabin is much smaller and more secure. Don’t set up in cities unless you like to be killed without having any fun.[/size]

[size=18pt]CHAPTER THREE: PROPER BUILDING BREACHING FOR MAKING YOUR BASE!![/size]

[size=12pt]You might be thinking “Why do I need to know this?” You need to clear out the cabin or mansion without damaging it, too much. This means no guns, or katana’s, you can’t break windows or doors down. “Why can’t we use our weapons TinHead9?” Because, you might damage a door or window with them. First, get your self a [color=yellow]Flashbang[/color] and try get some [color=black]Smoke Bombs[/color] for breaching. First off, observe the building from a distance, if theres any zombies inside, or woodland life. If its woodland life, you can do this more SWAT like, if its Zombies, prepare to karate chop their ass. Use X to great effect when you open a door or window so you can peek around and see if theres any zombies or wildlife. If its Zombies, throw the Smoke Grenade, and get a gas mask on and Karate Chop their asses! If its woodland life, use a Flashbang and get some FUKKEN GLASSES ON FIRST because it blinds through walls. Oh, and get some noise preventing headgear on. Once their stunned/deaf, karate chop their hide![/size]
[size=18pt]CHAPTER FOUR: MAKING INDUSTRY[/size]
[size=12pt]Once you cleared out the building of hostiles, Duct Tape the windows, and board up the windows! Clear any rubble using a shovel and press lower-case e to clear it up. Or upper case, I forget which. But once you fortified the windows and reinforced the doors. Its time to make a [color=red]Outer Courtyard.[/color][/size]

[size=12pt]The Outer Courtyard[/size]

[size=12pt]The outer courtyard can be a Wooden Pallaside (Recommended if you have plenty of trees.) Wire Fence (Recommended if your don’t have alot of trees and don’t mind a bit of hard work. Don’t confuse it with a regular Fence. Don’t build a regular Log Wall or anything like that, because a Wire and a Pallisade fence allows you to fire out of it, and hostiles need to break it down. Think of Fortifications from Dwarf Fortress. Put a pit infront of the Pallisade to slow any hostiles down, and infront of said pits put Bear Traps. Their louder than Bubblewrap and damage said creature. But, if you have a road leading to a city, put landmines, booby traps, snares, whatever you can to prevent anything from attacking you. BUT remember where you put those landmines, they can kill you with ease.[/size]

[size=12pt]Setting up Industry[/size]

[size=12pt]Now, with your Outer Courtyard set up, its time to set up your factory. This should be heavily defended, and fortified to kill NPCs.[/size]

[size=12pt]Alcohol Production[/size]

[size=12pt]To set up a alcohol factory, start making a farm. Look it up on the wiki, this isn’t a guide to farming Rolls eyes But your main crops should be whatever you can use to make beer, wine, whatever. You’ll need to get alot of water faucets and two-by-fours to make your Fermenting Vats and Wooden Kegs, the Fermenting Vats Fermat your Beer Mort into Beer over a time period, while Wooden Kegs store that, you’ll need to move the freshly made alcohol though, so keep that in mind. You can also put more than one Beer Wort in the Fermenting Vats by the way.[/size]

[size=12pt]Substance Abuse Farming[/size]

[size=12pt]I never really farm, so just look in a farm shop or something… Just get some weed, m’kay?[/size]

[size=12pt]Your Workshop/Mining Operation[/size]

[size=12pt]You’ll need a dedicated workshop to make your Nodachi’s and Kris’s, and the sooner you make one, the better. This should be a mixture of a garage to modify your cars with ease and being safe while doing it, a anvil and forge, A stove to cook your food, A wood stockpile, and a staircase underground to mine the riches. Just be careful of mining into a Rift, m’kay?[/size]

[size=18pt]CHAPTER FIVE: SETTING UP A DEFENSE[/size]

[size=12pt]Your defensive network should have satellite bases, in case you get overwhelmed or you just got back from a supply trip and don’t have enough time to store all your stuff in your base, because you just set the bar on fire and need to get some more before it burns down. You should also have the main road to the city heavily fortified with enough landmines to make in any horde coming your way, and a cas-evac car. Your base should also try and set up a checkpoint on the road by using Metal Doors, this should occupy you enough for me to update this guide to making a base in a week or so.[/size][/list][/ul]

Objective: Play hordes so that moi can make guide on base building

Error: Someone else has already done it.

Solution: Bitch I’m awesome and my guide will be better

Nice guide nevertheless, TinHead.

Naa… This is the guide to getting awesome stories like mine. Oh, and suffering a terrible defeat at the end.

You really did think that this is going to be something allowing invincible forts, didn’t you?
We shall see who has the last laugh…

I shall make an invincible fort! Mhuahuah!

Aye, but will it be dworfy enough mate?

Going underground is cheating!

Not unless you just mine down there nothing else.
Seriously, Don’t do that kids.

if someone wear some protection (basic clotches, filter mask and glasses with any helmet) fungal is not danger even wild animals seen to do not spawn only npc with fire ammo can set everything on fire

Problem is, you’ll have a massive horde attacking you nonstop until you destroy them.
I only pretty much recommend being near a fungal grove late game. Oh, and if “Basic Protection” is just a filter mask with some clothes, glasses and a helmet, I would hate to see Advanced Protection.

well i do not see many hostile fungus only fungal zombies and fungal parasite is easy to avoid this too only baseball cap, filter mask and protective glasses (with gas mask you do not need glasses and cap)

I’m not sure why you all hate that type of zombies, they seem like fungi’s!

What is this about mining?
I normally ‘mine’ cars for my metal needs.

Settling near fungal groves is a fairly safe choise. Since they cant break through windows and prevent most wildlife from spawning.
Afaik it’s not worth it in the end due to the massive amount of npc’s that will spawn, causing your game to slow down fast.

Making a base in general doesn’t seem worth it. An armored van with all utilities you need and a bunch of mounted turrets will do a much better job.

You forgot the part where you put vehicle boards on windows. It’s easier to fix :smiley: also electricity for a mounted rv set or a mounted welder etc. Really useful for free stuff.

[size=12pt]

Settling near fungal groves is a fairly safe choice. Since they cant break through windows and prevent most wildlife from spawning.
Afaik it’s not worth it in the end due to the massive amount of npc’s that will spawn, causing your game to slow down fast.

Making a base in general doesn’t seem worth it. An armored van with all utilities you need and a bunch of mounted turrets will do a much better job.

[/size]

[size=10pt]You fool! A armoured van will only last so long, until you crash into a landmine, or your GASOLINE TANK implodes. Besides, having a base ,means you can fight off Hordes kinda like State Of Decay style. Plus, Fungal Groves will make sure you’ll never, ever sleep. Oh, and mounted turrets have a tendency to blow up your engine.[/size]

[quote=“TinHead, post:15, topic:6819”][size=12pt]

Settling near fungal groves is a fairly safe choice. Since they cant break through windows and prevent most wildlife from spawning.

[/size]

[size=10pt]You fool! A armoured van will only last so long, until you crash into a landmine, or your GASOLINE TANK implodes. Besides, having a base ,means you can fight off Hordes kinda like State Of Decay style. Plus, Fungal Groves will make sure you’ll never, ever sleep. Oh, and mounted turrets have a tendency to blow up your engine.[/size][/quote]

fungus newer wake me up only reading and crafting is anyoing but voice canceling headgear is solution for this

Settling near a fungal spire is a sure way to die from the game slowing down to a crawl.
Though with the new mininukes it’s actually feasible if you don’t mind going radioactive a little.

There’s a perfect solution for both fungal blooms and blob sites, and that solution is the M202 FLASH.

The flash is so ridiculous in game, which is why I love it, because the real one is just as terrifying, overkill, and ultimately ineffective at the same time.

Already did it you bastard LOL now to finish my castle and update the post lol