Best place to start a base? (safe house)

I have started a new world and i have cleard a small town of zombies and there mostly everything frome bars to gun stores and caves…etc but i need to set up base but theres so mush to choos frome some places ar a few map tiles away like a cave,and a military camp but havent gon there because of the dangers.

theres a river near by so no wory for water and plenty of materials in the work area things to built.

the question is were is the place to set up a permenent base?

there is already a lot of topic about this, find it.

Short anwser anyway, there is NO safe place because of the spawn each day + spawn with noise around you.
Basicaly, the best suitable spot would be with water nearby and already build wall (z-animal can destroy wall you make) so you allow an clear entrance with the defense that suit you the most (for me it’s nothing because i play melee char, but a ranged char may want some pit or maybe even some trap near the bed)

my best base was a garage with the windows taped up. its not what you asked, but I tell you this to get into what I will tell next. the town it was in was small. I set up a farm behind the garage and kept the town relatively clear of enemies by setting up way too many traps. nail boards and caltrops will slow and do some minor damage, bear traps are ideal for doing decent damage and holding enemies. a single bear trap can occasionally kill the zombie dogs that happen by, but youll need something more serious business to deal with major threats. shotgun traps are decent, but my preference is explosives. if youve got the skill in trapping you can pilfer some land mines from a minefield. the best bit is, animals will track your scent, most of the traps triggered in MY small town were due to predators tracking me straight into the land mines id laid down. laying down lines of nailboards and caltrops should be considered for close to base defense, just make sure to leave paths through them for yourself and your vehicles. also pits, pits are your friend. with traps, you can maintain a wide area.

TL;DR
make the entire town your base of operations. if youve got NPCs turned off, everything should be fine and you wont have to reset them nearly as often. except single shot traps.

theres 2 garages next to each othre i culd connect them (in the futer) and expand each time and theres like 2 minefilds 1 at north and 1 at south.

but is a cave good i chect it and its empty and i culd add a light sours and other types if funiter but it wuld take a desnt amount of time and wen i was writing i found a MIL.bunker and some inactiv turrents

[glow=red,2,300]EPIC WIN!![/glow]
but still im in danger but what do you think of those worl area things

Ww
ww there like this ar there worth making in to a base there empty and plenti of suplys

My first base was in 3 garages that I’ve been planning to connect, but I burned them down when I dried to cook some meat over old socks.

My second base was in a firestation, over a week and nothing managed to get in - only one zombie that mysteriously spawned in the far corner because. I abandoned it because I was sick of having to scavenge for food and water.

My current base is in a shelter in the woods. No problems so far.

My next base will be in the subway, in a Metro 2033 vibe.

mmmmm subways make good base but need to plase walls but in mi opinion a cave is good the only thing is light but its secure and most of the time is farr away frome towns and citys but im thinking making it there i live in a gun work shop hase a sofa so i can sleep beter but each day zombies come in not mush of a problem but is geting anoying so im going to set base in a cave

I live in the subway system tunnels near lava-lines for perma fire and light.

military bunkers are nice just make bed downstairs

labs upper floors are nice most times it have bedroom alslo iron doors are nice

miliary outpost is not too good but after getting few friendly turrents and destroying hostille zombies and turrets it can be nice place if you managed to do not destroy chainlink fence and placed bed and oven inside building

firestadion well its realy realy nice just is hard to loot at day so sneaky runs and night only because its in middle of city but at least in big city you do not have to worry about long looting

farms are not bad too because its far away from town just board up windows and make some spiked pits alslo you have tools and you can farm food if you want

alslo is good to have lava somewhere even is good to build a house on one

about mobile bases i can’t tell anything because is never used it

LMOE shelters are great if you manage to find one.

Sometimes I just make my own base out of Pailside walls: It’s weak, inefficient, and time-consuming, but it gives the awesome buff of self-satisfaction. YAY!

i prefer going to a cave and puting walls around it and making base inside the base but ofcurs if there no rats in it but wen you finde turrents and make walls its a fort insted and im making this is in progres

The best base is those giant Malls. You know the one’s that are 30 tiles big and filled with zombies. On the downside there’s tons of entrances. on the plus side you can make tainted tornadoes forever!

megastores is not that safe most of the time there in towns and zombies keep coming and the other bad thing is that if you ar going in it you need to empty it from zombies and all the zombies will destroy everithing that you can make small blokades and the othere thing is that is usecured

in mi opinion megastores ar not mi type I like those plases that ar insolated frome towns and to be alone but not that far frome towns so i can scavenge for suplise erlier on

[quote=“yonsisac, post:13, topic:6218”]megastores is not that safe most of the time there in towns and zombies keep coming and the other bad thing is that if you ar going in it you need to empty it from zombies and all the zombies will destroy everithing that you can make small blokades and the othere thing is that is usecured

in mi opinion megastores ar not mi type I like those plases that ar insolated frome towns and to be alone but not that far frome towns so i can scavenge for suplise erlier on[/quote]

I managed to find one that was isolated and far away from towns and taking out the zombies inside isn’t really that difficult because it’s only normal zombies and cops (and children) however it is very time consuming because I got up early in the morning and it took my until night to kill 3/4th’s of the zombies. Its good to know that I now have a super awesome secret giant base

Debatable, but I suppose “super” could describe it.

awesome

Again, I suppose this could describe it.

[u]secret[/u] giant base

Giant, sure, but secret? This is the kind of place that has billboards starting several miles away advertising it, and telling you which exit to take on the highway.

As for myself, I’m fond of firestations and public works facilities. The latter, however, takes a lot of work to make into a more secure location.

Y’all are hipsters, with your super-malls and subways and shit.
Call me old-fashion but I just live in the starting evac shelter and board up the doors and windows.

WaffleEggnog thats not old fashion thats like the first opnion you got in hand do start your base and evac shelters ar most of the time far off towns and has a basment and multiple exits and entrases to escape if somthing happens but later on you will need a biger safe house or expande the evac shelter

but persenoli i like public works there some times far off towns and big with lots of tools and a parking area for your car and refrigeters,etc they onli have like 2,or 3 zombieas in them kill them and fix the windows if zombies did damag.

Any old house with a basement. Everything on the surface stops being updated when you go underground.

Once we get Z-levels, I think I’ll take a shot at the upper levels of an apartment building.

I personally feel at home in LMOE shelters due to them reminding me of Dwarf Fortress (STRIKE THE EARTH!).
Plus, they have an eternal water source, guns, food, tools, books, beds, metal doors and a stove (guns and stuff are maybe though).
Particulary love the water source and stove, made myself a 30 gallon jug of clean water (high thirst FTL!).

I prefer the FEMA shelters, they tend to have a good size armoury, and once you clear out the zombies, plenty of room, decent amount of food, and I found, once, around 20 or so guns in one, I think.