Things fighting other things is unbelievably great

Will the game lore ever be updated or changed? I thought it was mostly just a placeholder.

Oh, well, fair enough. (I’d imagine in that case anything they kill that’s large enough to support a critical mass of blob should probably rise as a zombie in relatively short order, though.)

Will the game lore ever be updated or changed? I thought it was mostly just a placeholder.[/quote]The Blob is here to stay, and i don’t think it was ever a placeholder.
Apocalypse caused by incursion of extradimensional nlob parasite which infests heteretrophic body masses and assumes direct control of the dead oned, spreading by rendering other hosts incapable of resistance (by killing them).
Backed by the fact we have slime pits, portals, slime as a backing explanation for mutation existence (with conflicts in the mycus line making it all the more concrete).
Pages and pages of lore also establishing in science lab computers what the heck the blob is doing.
Making it a cliche “disease cataclysm” would have taken near zero effort compared the amount of attention blobs have recieved. I am pretty sure they are not placeholders.

Oh, well, fair enough. (I’d imagine in that case anything they kill that’s large enough to support a critical mass of blob should probably rise as a zombie in relatively short order, though.)[/quote]It is supposed to be that way, but…
Nobody seems to have implemented it yet.

Will the game lore ever be updated or changed? I thought it was mostly just a placeholder.[/quote]The Blob is here to stay, and i don’t think it was ever a placeholder.
Apocalypse caused by incursion of extradimensional nlob parasite which infests heteretrophic body masses and assumes direct control of the dead oned, spreading by rendering other hosts incapable of resistance (by killing them).
Backed by the fact we have slime pits, portals, slime as a backing explanation for mutation existence (with conflicts in the mycus line making it all the more concrete).
Pages and pages of lore also establishing in science lab computers what the heck the blob is doing.
Making it a cliche “disease cataclysm” would have taken near zero effort compared the amount of attention blobs have recieved. I am pretty sure they are not placeholders.

Oh, well, fair enough. (I’d imagine in that case anything they kill that’s large enough to support a critical mass of blob should probably rise as a zombie in relatively short order, though.)[/quote]It is supposed to be that way, but…
Nobody seems to have implemented it yet.[/quote]

Perhaps creatures killed by zombies are tainted as a result and drop tainted meat/fat when butchered instead of safely edible flesh? Granted that probably wouldn’t be any easier to code than converting slain wildlife to zombie equivalents (or slain NPCs to an appropriate zombie type), but it might solve the problem of zombies hunting small game (too small to support a critical mass of XE037) for you.

Also yeah the blob is cool and if the devs were like NOPE WE’RE GONNA GET RID OF IT my morale indicator would be :frowning:

Maybe have all creatures corpses capable of such transform into their zombie corpses after a while, instead of rotting away, at which point it will make rez checks as zombie corpses ussually do? This actually makes a lot of sense, given the context you should be double tapping any NPCs you kill to make sure they don’t get back up. Same goes for wildlife of any reasonable size.
Also suddenly thinking, what if small-woodlands-creature-jabberwock? Have it be the more common variant composed of masses of small wodland creature corpses fused into a beast a little taller than a person.

[quote=“AllisonW, post:24, topic:8636”]Perhaps creatures killed by zombies are tainted as a result and drop tainted meat/fat when butchered instead of safely edible flesh? Granted that probably wouldn’t be any easier to code than converting slain wildlife to zombie equivalents (or slain NPCs to an appropriate zombie type), but it might solve the problem of zombies hunting small game (too small to support a critical mass of XE037) for you.

Also yeah the blob is cool and if the devs were like NOPE WE’RE GONNA GET RID OF IT my morale indicator would be :([/quote]

Except dda zombies do not onfect you by biting you.
So any dead creature is subject to reviving that has been previously consumed blob infested water. (thats just about all wildlife)

So as Iceball said:

Maybe the best ways of doing this is not letting them rot away but turn into zombies after enough time.
I also don t see a problem with zombies hunting for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, we’re keeping the critical-mass thing.

Simply being zed-killed wouldn’t taint flesh: that takes blob saturation, usually in the context of “animating the corpse means you need some blob just about everywhere”.

Dead NPCs/critters rezzing is planned but nobody’s sitting down and doing it.

[quote=“KA101, post:27, topic:8636”]Nah, we’re keeping the critical-mass thing.

Simply being zed-killed wouldn’t taint flesh: that takes blob saturation, usually in the context of “animating the corpse means you need some blob just about everywhere”.

Dead NPCs/critters rezzing is planned but nobody’s sitting down and doing it.[/quote]

How’s MDD coming along? Is nobody interested in that still?

ZOMBIE SQUIRRELS. GNAWING TERRORS. WE MUST HAVE THEM.

Good god! That would turn out like the psychotic wave in Rimworld where everything of one species gets mad and goes after your colonists!

has flashbacks
I could have saved Jim. But there… where too many… SQUIRRELS! The tore him up just before he could reach the door. If I only had reacted faster! starts sobbing

I’m not for DIRECT zombie squirrels (simply because of lore and THOSE THINGS ARE SO HARD TO HIT IN THE BEGINNING WITH MELEE), but a furrywock would be nice (a jabberwock made of zombiefied wildlife and other small animals that got eaten by it).

Good god! That would turn out like the psychotic wave in Rimworld where everything of one species gets mad and goes after your colonists!

has flashbacks
I could have saved Jim. But there… where too many… SQUIRRELS! The tore him up just before he could reach the door. If I only had reacted faster! starts sobbing[/quote]

An army of squirrels tearing him up? That reminds me of that one part in Dishonored where the giant rats were tearing those two guys apart.

Also, would this mean, perhaps…

[size=3pt]zombie mosquitoes?[/size]

Well, I can’t wait until Pastor William Turner (Heh…) forms the Church Of The [INSERT CATHOLIC CHURCH NAME] and declares a crusade.

[quote=“Closet Pankin, post:28, topic:8636”][quote=“KA101, post:27, topic:8636”]Nah, we’re keeping the critical-mass thing.

Dead NPCs/critters rezzing is planned but nobody’s sitting down and doing it.[/quote]

How’s MDD coming along? Is nobody interested in that still?[/quote]

As something to be added, not at all, nor is it something I’ve got as a priority.

[quote=“KA101, post:33, topic:8636”][quote=“Closet Pankin, post:28, topic:8636”][quote=“KA101, post:27, topic:8636”]Nah, we’re keeping the critical-mass thing.

How’s MDD coming along? Is nobody interested in that still?[/quote]

As something to be added, not at all, nor is it something I’ve got as a priority.[/quote]

Oh.

Would it be possible to fill a truck with active zombie corpses and then drive it into a beehive after all the zombie corpses have been revived and open the back of the truck to unleash your zombie army on a beehive?

Just curious.

[quote=“Straume21, post:35, topic:8636”]Would it be possible to fill a truck with active zombie corpses and then drive it into a beehive after all the zombie corpses have been revived and open the back of the truck to unleash your zombie army on a beehive?

Just curious.[/quote]

Yes, but revived zombies suck and bees don’t.
Maybe you could do it with hulks (who have enough armor to tank some hits), though I’m not sure if hulks can fit in a vehicle.

Shockers will do. And spitters if you save the corpse. Really smart idea though. I think I will raise an army against the next fungal structure I will fight.

I don’t think you’d want them in a vehicle if you could fit them in there. I certainly wouldn’t want them onboard when they revive.

The monster food chain is a bit strange. I just watched a pair of giant wasps kill dozens and dozens of zombies before being taken down.

Dexterity truly is the best melee stat.