The WTF Thread

Well, the Gracken leaves a corpse, so perhaps have it cookable from Gracken meat (it doesn’t leave bones) or something?

It boosts all of your stats by 500 and gives you something like 200000% more speed, I was using it as a debug thing for a while.

hi yobbo!

I think there is bug in uniquely artifact <artifact_name> string.

It always display <artifact_name> XXX in game,I test the po and change it in many ways,but it doesn’t dispear.

I took a quick look and couldn’t see anywhere it was obviously broken (but it might be).

What was the exact “msgid” string that causes the problem? There are a couple that use artifact_name.

You might be able to just remove the “<artifact_name>” bit from the translation for it to work, it looks like it should behave correctly even if it can’t find it.

EDIT: ahh, i figured it out.

It only removes the prefix if it’s the very first thing in the string. But it works fine if it can’t find it at all. So just remove it from the translated version and it should be fine :).

Oh!!!..thx a lot…

er…I can’t uploaded pic to forums…and it seems I find another bug :wink:

the item in item list “First Aid” and the skills list "first aid” use the same string (line 23685). But in Chinese it should be “First Aid pack” and “First Aid” . there is another “First Aid” string (line 12577) ,I suppose it not be used?

I can’t make difficults chinese tran to these two ”first aid“ in the game,and it looks really not standardized…

and sorry for my bad english…

The item should probably be called “first aid kit” in english as well, seeing as that’s what the description says it is. I’ll change it to that.

I think the other “First Aid” string (with capitals) is for the text when you use the first aid kit in-game, and it gives you the option of what limb to heal. Actually that should just use the name from the .json. So yeah, that needs to be fixed too.

I’m aiming to fix most of the ambiguous strings for 0.9, so the more bug reports the better.

And bad english is fine, i can understand ;).

[quote=“yobbo, post:26, topic:2519”]The item should probably be called “first aid kit” in english as well, seeing as that’s what the description says it is. I’ll change it to that.

I think the other “First Aid” string (with capitals) is for the text when you use the first aid kit in-game, and it gives you the option of what limb to heal. Actually that should just use the name from the .json. So yeah, that needs to be fixed too.

I’m aiming to fix most of the ambiguous strings for 0.9, so the more bug reports the better.

And bad english is fine, i can understand ;).[/quote]

Great! I have seen the commit: b6f5ee , thx again yobbo!

there is not many bugs in the pot,but just many lost string…I will try to find as many as I can…

this two brands use same slogan??

it seems DoubleTech uses "Built to Protect. Programmed to Serve."
and
Robert’s Universal Robotics should uses “R.U.R. Technology you can Trust.”

This is an advertisement for DoubleTech brand law enforcement robots. It shows a picture of copbot pepper-spraying a handcuffed rioter. In the background a troop of boy scouts salutes the robot. The caption reads: “Built to Protect. Programmed to Serve.”

This is an advertisement for Robert’s Universal Robotics brand law enforcement robots. It shows a picture of tripod robot incinerating a mob of looters and stepping over charred and smoking corpses. The caption reads: “Built to Protect. Programmed to Serve.”

Rivet’s got that taken care of. Thanks.

No. 2989 in Launchpad: “grnd grnd grnd”

That’s the sound of a Hacksaw cutting metal, such as when you cut open the bars in a sewer to get into the Lab from underneath.

Thanks.
No. 5489 in Launchpad: “Crunchy sugar in chocolate capsules. Legal and stimmy.” (description of “malted milk balls”)
What does the word “stimmy” mean here? I can’t find it in some dictionaries.

PS: And what kind of shape/food/whatever is meant with all those “flakes” I find throughout the item desriptions of foods (“fruit flakes”, “vegetable flakes”, “meat flakes”, etc.)? The only food-related meaning I find for “flake” stands for “shark fin” and this is Australian English …

I translated “There’s some Buffoon in the way!” Into: “There is some monkey in the path!”

I think “flake” just means a small, flat, irregularly shaped thing. Like cornflakes, which I think are also in the game. Flakes of other things are probably little pieces of dehydrated whateveritis.

“stimmy” tho, i have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

So vegetable flakes are like cornflakes, but not with corn but with vegetables intead?

I have a guess for “stimmy”: It’s a stupid synonym for “stimulating” and the word was made up on the spot. That would explain why I can’t find “stimmy” or even a verb “to stim” in any dictionary, not even the Urban Dictionary. The item description is for the malted milk balls and when I eat one, I get the effect “stimulant”. To whoever came up with the word “stimmy”: WTF? :wink:

Here’s a new WTF: “Build Log & Sod roof”. I don’t know what a “Log & Sod roof” is supposed to be.

[quote=“Wuzzy, post:35, topic:2519”]So vegetable flakes are like cornflakes, but not with corn but with vegetables intead?

I have a guess for “stimmy”: It’s a stupid synonym for “stimulating” and the word was made up on the spot. That would explain why I can’t find “stimmy” or even a verb “to stim” in any dictionary, not even the Urban Dictionary. The item description is for the malted milk balls and when I eat one, I get the effect “stimulant”. To whoever came up with the word “stimmy”: WTF? :wink:

Here’s a new WTF: “Build Log & Sod roof”. I don’t know what a “Log & Sod roof” is supposed to be.[/quote]
Well, sod basically means grass, so maybe the logs are tied with really long weeds?

[quote=“Wuzzy, post:32, topic:2519”]Thanks.
No. 5489 in Launchpad: “Crunchy sugar in chocolate capsules. Legal and stimmy.” (description of “malted milk balls”)
What does the word “stimmy” mean here? I can’t find it in some dictionaries.

PS: And what kind of shape/food/whatever is meant with all those “flakes” I find throughout the item desriptions of foods (“fruit flakes”, “vegetable flakes”, “meat flakes”, etc.)? The only food-related meaning I find for “flake” stands for “shark fin” and this is Australian English …[/quote]

Just saw this, sorry. I made the malted milk balls: “stimmy” is indeed “stimulating”, both in the sense of sugar-rush and enjoying the sensation eating them provides in your mouth. It’s a pretty common term in the areas of the Net I frequent.

Sod is a tough chunk of soil held together by grass roots. Was a pretty common building material when folks were settling the USian Midwest/Great Plains region.

Sod is grass with some dirt on it still, so the grass, roots and some of the dirt it comes with, a sod and log house is an old style peasant house that basically has grass growing all over it.

[quote=“Wuzzy, post:35, topic:2519”]So vegetable flakes are like cornflakes, but not with corn but with vegetables intead?

Here’s a new WTF: “Build Log & Sod roof”. I don’t know what a “Log & Sod roof” is supposed to be.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that is what was intended with stimmy.

There is a setting called “Black Road” which causes—if activated—the game to spawn zombies at shelters. It sounds like this is some cultural reference and therefore shouldn’t be translated literally.

[ul][]Is this correct?
[
]What does “Black Road” refer to?[/ul]