The strangest fucking thing I've seen yet

[quote=“Cinghiale, post:20, topic:4213”]Would definitely be the blank bodies I found clustered around the basement altar of a cathedral. Not even an artifact, just a regular religious token, screaming and screaming. No other enemies, just those three screamers. I killed them with fire and burned the token in their pyre.

I assume that it’s an encounter spawn artifact from Whale’s version. As much as I appreciate all the new devs you all should remember you’re standing on the shoulder of a giant.[/quote]
That’s actually part of a quest an NPC will give you.

My weirdest thing is still finding a bunch of naked dead guys with TONS of cocaine and a katana. The hell were they doing there? Drug deal spawns are weird.

[quote=“Inquisitor Dust, post:21, topic:4213”][quote=“Cinghiale, post:20, topic:4213”]Would definitely be the blank bodies I found clustered around the basement altar of a cathedral. Not even an artifact, just a regular religious token, screaming and screaming. No other enemies, just those three screamers. I killed them with fire and burned the token in their pyre.

I assume that it’s an encounter spawn artifact from Whale’s version. As much as I appreciate all the new devs you all should remember you’re standing on the shoulder of a giant.[/quote]
That’s actually part of a quest an NPC will give you.

My weirdest thing is still finding a bunch of naked dead guys with TONS of cocaine and a katana. The hell were they doing there? Drug deal spawns are weird.[/quote]

I don’t think there were any cathedrals back in whale’s version. I think most of the stuff just happened around portals and in labs.

Correct. Cathedrals and churches are fairly recent additions to the game.

And portals are still as useless as they were back before the DDA project began. One of these days we’ll probably see them become something cool, but for now they’re still just for show.

Correct. Cathedrals and churches are fairly recent additions to the game.

And portals are still as useless as they were back before the DDA project began. One of these days we’ll probably see them become something cool, but for now they’re still just for show.[/quote]

“Show”

After getting TP’d out of my MFB by a Flaming Eye and spending four days looking for the damn thing I installed a tracker.

Spending a week in game with a friendly bear in the house with me.

And I didn’t have any particular perks that had to deal with animals.

Sadly, when I played last my bear friend had left me ):

Started a new game (guess that matters) : City size:1 , Spawn rate:1.5;
Found myself in a VERY strange evac. shelter with multiple rooms, turns out it’s a house (but the map says it’s an evac). A liquor store (not on the map too) filled with alcohol nearby. Tried to follow the road, turns out it’s not properly aligned with the map. There is a crater, a crash site and some traps 1 square away from each other. Then, a crossroad in the middle of nowhere.
Possibly a bug?

EDIT:A truly giant city near the “shelter”. No roads/strange roads and no zombies or other animals. Just a dog…

I still remember that time back somewhere between 0.6 and 0.7 maybe, where a hazardous waste sarcophagus spawned …with an entire wall segment missing.

SHIT EVERYWHERE! :smiley:

And what was hazardous? The entire cannabis supply of North America, four bazillion playboy mags, and a mountain of dead babies.

That was a good day for extra limbs.

Rot-weiler…

So I locked up my doomtrukk, as usual, made sure there was nothing inside, as usual, and went to sleep. The very next morning. I noticed sound coming from the drivers compartment, and investigated, revealing this:

It seems that a cougar has spawned inside my car. There was absolutely no way in, too bad I can’t make him my cougar buddy.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:29, topic:4213”]So I locked up my doomtrukk, as usual, made sure there was nothing inside, as usual, and went to sleep. The very next morning. I noticed sound coming from the drivers compartment, and investigated, revealing this:

It seems that a cougar has spawned inside my car. There was absolutely no way in, too bad I can’t make him my cougar buddy.

Oh good, I’m not the only one to have had something like this happen. Happened with a box-van for me though. This is the first thing that comes to mind

[quote=“RusticWolf, post:15, topic:4213”]The strangest thing I’ve seen so far, I’ve randomly mutated, and I do mean random.

I’m messing around in my base close to dark whipping up some of the new armor from the fabrication skill (which is totally awesome) and I see 2 new mutations. Ordinarily I would be non-plussed about this, but when I check the map I’ve explored, there’s nothing to suggest WHY this happened, no sewage, no toxic waist dumps, no nuclear coffins, succeeded on all my CBM installs, Hell, I haven’t even touched Mutagen, but they’re still there.[/quote]
You probably entered a radiated area, and didn’t have “radiation causes mutations” turned off.
Some areas just randomly have ambient radiation.

Also some monsters cause mutations.

Entered a school, while clearing it out I found that the office was just filled to the brim with dead child zed corpses. While trying to figure out what the hell was going on I decided to smash all the corpses to prevent from them rising and found in the middle of the room a single thing that was out of place:

An empty .44 Magnum.

Guess I had a mysterious visitor
[size=1pt]It was probably an NPC and the gun probably fell off a undead soldier I missed or something but still, pretty interesting…[/size]

So I got back to base, went for a good night of sleep!

zzzZZzzZZz

Wakes up

"…Ah, what a nic…

spots blank body in the corner of the room

“WTF ! WHERE DID YOU…”

I ran away, burned the house and got nervous every time I went to sleep. Also got insomnia on my char. Well, he has a reason for it I guess, Slender man making him a visit!

I was once in a lab and I was just investigating when I heard the most surprising thing ever…Voices. I traveled around until I was heading in the right direction and as I got closer, the mumbling changed to actual speech. It was a scientist saying things about test subjects. Then I heard a child crying. I walked into the room and expected to see them. I walked in and all there was a Mi-Go and as soon as it detected me, the voices stopped. Creeeeepy experiments.

The child voices are very well done. I was trying to hide out in a lab, and the creepy crying children prevented me from getting any sleep.

I hope fixing up radio stations and broadcasting from them is implemented so I can lock two Mi-Go in the broadcasting booth and listen to their cutting-edge political commentary as I drive around.

1 Like

…Best thing ever.

…Best thing ever.[/quote]

Until we get Three-Dog for our post-cataclysmic radio.

Strangest thing? Has anyone seen the “Granade” in action?

The radius on those things is HUGE.

The child voices are very well done. I was trying to hide out in a lab, and the creepy crying children prevented me from getting any sleep.[/quote]

Just so we’re clear… are you referring to getting a notification that your character heard a voice, or has some genius put in sounds into the game like eventually happened in Dwarf Fortress?