The recipe rework has had some (possibly) unintended side effects

The chief one being the fact that every new character I make automatically knows every recipe in the game without reading any books. Is this intentional? On version 5598.

Noticed the same thing on my char when I updated to 5602.

Recipes with byproducts work differently now too. They seem to make one charge of byproduct rather than one count of byproduct.

I don’t know what the etiquette is here, but I’m still experiencing this today on 0.C-18900-g0fcecd9 (tiles).

Described the error, gave a build number - sounds like pretty good etiquette to me.

If the devs get back to you and still can’t seem to solve/isolate the problem, keep a copy of your save files. The devs will be able to tell you which files they’d like, in the event reviewing them helps them reproduce the error. It doesn’t always come to that though.

Ok for some reason now I can’t even filter recipes using search. s:cooking for example won’t show anything.
0.C-18938-g4ffa21d (tiles)

I can filter by recipe name but can’t use any filters.

[quote=“Midaychi, post:6, topic:12624”]Ok for some reason now I can’t even filter recipes using search. s:cooking for example won’t show anything.
0.C-18938-g4ffa21d (tiles)

I can filter by recipe name but can’t use any filters.[/quote]

Known issue: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/18573

This is actually inaccurate. What happens is you only get byproducts for the crafting action and not for the individual items produced in a batch.

craft one cooked cattail, get one cooked cattail and 10 plant fiber. Batch craft 10 cooked cattail, get 10 cooked cattail and 10 plant fiber. The batch should have given 100 plant fiber as a byproduct.

The knowing all recipes bug was fixed in 5608