Crafting expansion - byproducts

Hey,
I am working on crafting expansion which will allow to define byproducts in recipes.
Work is almost done, but I would like to have your thoughts on existing recipes, or new ones, which can use such feature, so I can include these in initial release.

Here is an example (this one is for fun and will not be in release)

[ul][li]Recipe can have more than one byproduct.[/li]
[li]Byproduct can have charge multiplier defined - useful for comestibles and ammo, which have charges defined, you can multiply the amount of charges this way[/li]
[li]Byproduct can have amount specified - like in toothpick example above[/li][/ul]

If you have any suggestion, please share :slight_smile:

Looks awesome!

Although I am not sure I get the charge-multiplier-thingy.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:2, topic:6923”]Looks awesome!

Although I am not sure I get the charge-multiplier-thingy.[/quote]

Comestibles have defined charges - which is quantity in which it is crafted, bread is defined with 8 charges, so it has 8 uses - you can eat 8 loafs, one per each eat action. Similarly, ammo is defined with count, .223 Remington is crafted in batches of 40.

Multiplier multiple, how many charges / count you craft per one crafting action. Currently, it is used only in brewing (or I didn’t find any other instance where it is used). For example, whiskey wort is defined with 7 charges - like rest of the alcohol. Author of brewing (guess it was him) used multiplier 3 in recipe, so that crafting can make 21 charges in one go, which is enough to fill one glass bottle.

I just added same possibility to byproduct.

This looks incredible! :smiley:

Good luck with this project, if you manage to pull it off it will make it into the main-line without a doubt :smiley:

…This will be game changing :slight_smile:

[quote=“Duros, post:4, topic:6923”]This looks incredible! :smiley:

Good luck with this project, if you manage to pull it off it will make it into the main-line without a doubt :smiley:

…This will be game changing :)[/quote]

Thanks!

It does work already and it most likely ends up in the mainline. I am not the one who will decide that, but KA101 and Kevin are very helpful and supportive. Though I still need to do more testing and add some more recipes that fit in, changes will hopefully be in experimental version in a few days.

I believe it will be especially useful for your chemical stuff, like Zireael pointed out already, as in chemical reactions, byproducts are more of a rule than an exception.

It’s about to get merged, unless something breaks in testing. I’ve queued it and am ramping up.

Update: Stuff broke, but this wasn’t one of 'em. Merged.

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:6923”]It’s about to get merged, unless something breaks in testing. I’ve queued it and am ramping up.

Update: Stuff broke, but this wasn’t one of 'em. Merged.[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:6923”]It’s about to get merged, unless something breaks in testing. I’ve queued it and am ramping up.

Update: Stuff broke, but this wasn’t one of 'em. Merged.[/quote]

Congratulations :smiley: