The Quantum backpack mods

Hello im GDAWS or basically a newbie on this site and I wanted to make mods on this game for a while and I did. I have a mod called Quantum backpacks for mid to late game it basically adds 2 backpacks the Quantum backpack that can carry 250 litre’s and the Quantum duty Backpack 750 litre’s exactly without packmule they are very powerful and can be upgraded to their UP versions by literally messing with pocket dimensions adding more tech and mixing two of the same together while of course risking creating blackholes (though that wont happen ingame its just there to scare you…you madlad) but their intended to spawn in secret labs and military bases and are also supposed to be extremely rare like finding a good girlfriend rare (its a joke) and im not sure if the game will do that automatically or I have to set up the spawn rate which I dont know how and the recipes are also something I need to learn (and I know that having a massive capacity item is a bit useless due to the weight system im also doing a workaround without messing with the core files of the game)

Added radioactive leakage upon being damaged for balance however the material thickness has been buffed as the backpacks are made of strong materials not paper

Recipes for UP Versions of Quantum BP and Quantum Duty BP will be added later as its planned to have special book on how they are planned and created

Update #2:Not implemented yet

1.removing unnecessary material flags in certain backpacks such as hardsteel and neoprene etc as it gives too much protection for example 40 protectiong from bash,cuts and pierce is not a good idea considering its a bloody backpack(Sorry for basically spamming all the material flags without thinking it would be OP) and leaving what makes sense

2.Upg versions now allow large mutant anatomy and doesnt interefere with any mutations or cbms

3.Quantum duty backpacks can holster guns but not the mounted ones (Upg version should be able to holster melee weapons swords,spears,blunts etc)

4.Thinking about whether or not use the new battery system to add features to the backpacks like a neon glow lights or (if its even possible) add internal climate control to the backpacks to freeze perishables stored in it or add a weight capacity increase by activation (again if its even possible)

5.New Hunger system incomplete (Dangit Devs) ended up eating more than I shouldve, might end up as a 300 pound mutant bear… fat deposits be damned deviantart is taking over until its completion or fix

6.Still confused by how Item rng spawn rate works they still appear in areas where they should’nt “why does it appear in the sewers”

7.Recipes for the UPG versions will be more complex and will require more resources better stock up on electronics cuz they require alot of it

8.The backpacks cannot be reinforced unless its upgraded to their Up versions, Lets be honest spending a lot of resources on it that is essentialy a end game solution in term for character storage only for it to break a few ingame weeks (I dont know how would you manage to do that without dying) is not the best feeling in the world

9.Making sure they dont break as easy as toilet paper

10.Rebalancing material thiccness

11.Changed Descriptions of the backpacks and added a little explanation as to why you still carry the weight of items even if stored in the Quantum backpacks pocket dimensions

12.Deciding whether or not add recipes to the normal Quantum backpacks for the crazed crafters

13.Will add looks like tag like the survivor backpack or survivor duffel bag so it doesnt look like your storing stuff in an imaginary backpack or a giant letter

14.Inactive craftbuddy is useless when activated… why am I not surprised

15.Deciding whether or not to add quantum bandoliers for ammo storage in the mod or make it separate

16.Changed description of the Quantum physics book added quantum physics are fun morale +10

17.Need more sleep and my University work has my hands tied but this game is addicting

18.Reminder all of this is not implemented yet the backpacks still give way too much protection and the rebalance isnt coming out soon (as I have university work keeping me busy) im still testing the durability so that repairs arent constant and irradiation isnt tedious aswell as adding buffs to the UP backpacks making them more useful than their standard versions aswell as convinience but expensive to make, the quantum bandoliers was an idea that I would like to execute whether included in this mod or separately only time will tell,I was also thinking expanding the amount of backpacks that have different uses such as a thermos like backpack, a neon backpack for lighting or a shield emmiter backpack though I would like some opinions/thoughts on those ideas but anyway just wanted to update this post and no I havent abandoned this mod

Released:https://github.com/GDAWS696/GD-CDDA-Mods

3 Likes

What happens if I dump one pocket dimension I side another one ? Also you could make them leak radiation when damaged just for that bit of balance

The balance is that the Quantum backpack and the Quantum duty backpack can conduct electricity which can be lethal if your dealing with shockers or broken generators the UPs versions dont because you cover them with leather and mess with pocket dimensions however I do understand that this can be considered cheaty or cheesy but this my first mod and it would be cool to add a radiation effect but then it wouldnt be so mid to late game useful if its killing you slowly and making you consume radaway like a thirsty boi

I’m talking about making it like the atomic items,when damaged they leak radiation

Ahhhh i get ya thats actually really cool Idea for balance except that I dont know how to do that im a newbie at this but maybe I can find a reference in the items.json to add that

I just say one thing DO IT as long as you are having fun modding you should continue doing it

Question which Item does that by the way I havent been so lucky in finding them ingame whether with cheats or without them?

100% sure:Atomic coffee maker,atomic night light,atomic lamp

Probably: ADVANCED UPS,plutonium cell,fusion pack/bootleg fussion pack and mininuke

1 Like

Definitely mini nuke

basically you would create a blackhole but that never happens ingame, Its done and released