The Minor JSON Questions Thread

What about default_faction and species? Thinking of adding in a Touhou character as an enemy.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Monster_factions.json and species.json. Going to experiment with those to fit what I have in mind, since it probably won’t fit into any existing factions and I’m not sure about setting it to “humans”, since the character I was going to add isn’t technically human. On a side note, I’ve noticed that no monster seems to use “human” as the default faction.

‘human’ is meant to be player/npc. its likely that the ‘human’ flag and the npcs themselves obsoleted that species.

Trying to make a balancing mod, wanted to adjust the stats of various armors but when I looked at the json I realized it didn’t work quite like what I anticipated. Is there a way to adjust the bashing and cutting protection stats of armor directly in the json, or do I just have to work with “material_thickness” of the armor and the properties of the materials in the materials json? And how is bashing and cutting protection for armor calculated?

• Materials.json contains the ‘raw’ values for the matierials of the game. Things like cutting, bashing, acid, and fire protections.
  • The material thickness stat takes all the listed values for an armor and averages them and multiplies that number by the whole value of the mat_thick.
  • idk if you can double up on materials, i.e. [iron, iron, steel] without an error.

[quote=“pisskop, post:124, topic:12858”]- Materials.json contains the ‘raw’ values for the matierials of the game. Things like cutting, bashing, acid, and fire protections.

• The material thickness stat takes all the listed values for an armor and averages them and multiplies that number by the whole value of the mat_thick.
  • idk if you can double up on materials, i.e. [iron, iron, steel] without an error.[/quote]
    My question would be why would you want to double up on a material if it is average protection based.

A post was split to a new topic: Questions about recipe and comestible fields

Please open these in seperate topics.