The Magic Version Number

I got a feeling the author of "PKs Reimagining"s mod already knows of these CBMs. And I think he means more that these passive negative mods show up over time, or that there are other penalties for being a cyborg. But yeah, we could reuse the old implementations of the bugged CBMs for a new system. Good you brought it up NedeN.

And yeah, needing periodic maintenance (Say getting hit very hard damages your CBMs and makes them leaky/noisy etc, just like clothing degrades). Sounds like more interesting than just a hard cap. (It is the hard cap, which I don’t like).

Will there be a mod that allows us to toggle the slot system off? I thought CBMs were previously pretty well balanced by general rarity and the danger of locations with good CBMs. CBMs for me tend to be pretty late game. By the time I can find a recycler unit and expanded digestive system, for example, I’m not particularly concerned about food and water. Between the time of acquisition and the general difficulty of installs, combined with losing CBMs on failed installs, I didn’t really think slots were necessary to balance them.

I do appreciate the work that went into the slot system, for what it’s worth. It looks very good.

At the moment there is a debug mutation if you turn it on, the cbms are limited. It is intended to be flipped after it has been tested enough. (that way, you can turn that on, and keep your limitless cbms). But that is what I last read.