The Magic Version Number

Is 5070 for anyone wanting to roll back to before the filthy clothes debacle happened (and who doesn’t really?). 5071 is where it seems to have been introduced. Figured I’d post this as a PSA for those of us who weren’t really paying attention to our version # when it updated. Hopefully they either remove the “feature” or turn it into something tolerable soon.

Well you know you can wash the clothes to get rid of the filthy tag. Well im assuming thats what the washboard is for.

im not sure about this filthy busines

you know there are tales in american about mountain men who wear skivies for so long their leg hair grows through them?

It’s currently glitched so that you get the “wearing filthy clothes” debuff permanently if you so much as touch the things. It’s also a completely redundant mechanic since zombie clothes already require a ton of maintenance to get repaired and fitted.

So you cant just use the washboard around the filthy clothes before you ever pick them up or is that considered touching them?

You have to have actually put them on. Which is avoidable in an ideal situation, but not so much in a “really bad day” start, or when smoker\bloater dream team has kool-aided through your window and a filthy PBA mask is all you’ve got.

It is currently bugged at the moment, as is the nature of experimentals. The filthy debuff is only supposed to apply to the squeamish. Although, it would be cool to take a bath or a shower. Perhaps use your mechanics skill to get some decent plumbing going?

Filthy applying to everyone is not a bug, that’s intended.
The debuf being persistent is a bug, obviously.

perhaps add a “unspoilt” trait for 1 point that negates this effect, and those that don’t like “filthy” can debug themselves an extra point to get it. Reads something like this:

Weather due to poor upbringing, extended camping trips, or just an understanding of the world you know live in, Filthiness does not bother you, and vile and disgusting sights bother you little, or not at all.

Maybe upgrade “fancy” to Sophisticated, or make it a stronger version of the same perk/update it to take filthiness into account, giving not only a buff for “fancy” clothes but a MAJOR debuff for filthy, or an outright refusal to wear anything that is filthy, perhaps to even to pick it up (or maybe only if wearing gloves?)

So no more autolearning recipies from reading, CBMs limited by bodyspace, clothes need a wash.

CDDA is becoming a bit tedious.

(I would rather see a few quality of life improvements. For example:

• a “hide this recipe/ (un)show hidden recipes” options for crafting.
    - Making the amount of items you get out of crafting stuff more easy to see. (The ‘stacks in groups of x’ value is how much you get right? That could be worded a bit more clear). Right, that is the ‘portions’ part. Seems to be in a strange place in the interface.
  • Becoming deaf removes a lot of informative messages. (I was deaf and on fire, and I think some of my equipment exploded (this could also have been a harness that burned not dropping the gear stored in it) without a message. Anyway the gear being gone was also without a message))
  • Adding new menus to check the the nutritient (etc) values in the debug menus.
  • Fixing the ‘grabbed’ status of zombies transferring over to zombies if you kill the initial grabbed one.
  • No socks in the army barracks in labs
  • etc).

I’m honestly wishing i kept the last version before the nutrition stuff.

After that, things started falling apart.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:10, topic:12084”]So no more autolearning recipies from reading, CBMs limited by bodyspace, clothes need a wash.

CDDA is becoming a bit tedious.

(I would rather see a few quality of life improvements. For example:

• a “hide this recipe/ (un)show hidden recipes” options for crafting.
    - Making the amount of items you get out of crafting stuff more easy to see. (The ‘stacks in groups of x’ value is how much you get right? That could be worded a bit more clear). Right, that is the ‘portions’ part. Seems to be in a strange place in the interface.
  • Becoming deaf removes a lot of informative messages. (I was deaf and on fire, and I think some of my equipment exploded (this could also have been a harness that burned not dropping the gear stored in it) without a message. Anyway the gear being gone was also without a message))
  • Adding new menus to check the the nutritient (etc) values in the debug menus.
  • Fixing the ‘grabbed’ status of zombies transferring over to zombies if you kill the initial grabbed one.
  • [glow=red,2,300]No socks in the army barracks in labs[/glow]
  • etc).[/quote]

Glad to see you sticking to the important stuff, there. :slight_smile: I got a good laugh out of that.

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:11, topic:12084”]I’m honestly wishing i kept the last version before the nutrition stuff.

After that, things started falling apart.[/quote]

The nutrition stuff is cancer, but it thankfully can be turned off in the Mods\Balance section. The filthy clothes won’t be completely godawful once they’re working correctly, but I fully sympathize with the people that are annoyed with them from a game design standpoint. We need engaging challenges, and neither (inaccurate) scurvy simulation nor redundant clothing maintenance mechanic fall into that category at all.

I’m not just talking about those 2 features, it’s the random small bugs that have appeared lately.

For example;

buckets spilling water
weapon displayed being broken somehow to show ‘fists’ at all times even when wielding something else
can’t Unload a keg/drum of water into another container without having to spill all the water on the ground after you’re done
something about not being able to refill gasoline into cars the normal way

And there’s a like a thousand open reports on github.

The amount of bugs to new features is ridiculous.

The nutrition i can tolerate now, no need to turn it off with a mod.
The filthy clothes is too bad right now, for one there needs to be a random chance that the clothing will be filthy or clean and the morale penalty should be reduced, otherwise add some recipe and herbs to create soap with fat.

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:14, topic:12084”]buckets spilling water
can’t Unload a keg/drum of water into another container without having to spill all the water on the ground after you’re done[/quote]

Try escape.

The 3 actual bugs you listed are fixed.

Filthy clothing mechanic is bullshit and I’d prefer if the whole morale penalty thing was removed. Unfortunately the rest of the dev team disagrees, so expect it to be horrible for a while and then just bad after that.

Thankfully. But there have been an awful amount of bugs recently with the various builds. I noticed that a lot of them don’t even seem to compile properly. I was wondering, normally this wasn’t the case. Most of the times when new stuff was added the old stayed working. What has changed recently? (I do not keep up to date with github, to much for me). But something in the quality seems to have changed the last month.

Yeah, like I said in my first post in this thread, a few of the big gameplay changes feel tedious to me.

(I really don’t like the CBM change btw. yeah, it seems nicely implemented, and it looks good. But it feels to limiting to me. I would have rather seen something like ‘installing power cbm X is harder than X-1’ and installing cbms takes time, and has an infection risk. To balance out the cbms than the limiting by body size (which will just mean a lot of the cbms will not be used)).

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:14, topic:12084”]And there’s a like a thousand open reports on github.

The amount of bugs to new features is ridiculous.

add some recipe and herbs to create soap with fat.[/quote]

The high number of bugs isn’t that strange. It is a huge simulationist game. And building new features is more fun than fixing bugs. (I’m still pleasantly surprised I get updates on bugs I posted years ago that now get / are fixed). I’m more afraid about the bugs that people know about but nobody bothers to post on github.

You can create soap. http://cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/soap/craft
And with enough soap, you can blow up just about anything: http://cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/dynamite/craft (Yeah, it seems to be more efficient fat wise to first create soap, then create dynamite).

Streak of bad PRs. Getting under control.

As for the tedium: I’ll be trying to push it back, even if it means holding PRs with nice features hostage.

This would actually be more limiting and grindy. Strict limits will give us something to balance around, while just total CBM count would render many weaker CBMs totally useless. Infection risk doesn’t mean anything at all at the stage when you mass install CBMs.

You are probably right, I have not thought it over that well tbh.

What would however minorly fix some small stuff, have installing cbms take some time. Now they are instant. Making the ‘buff up on stimulants’ for high int, install all CBMs in one second. Way to easy. Just have it take some time, so at least a few of the stims run out. (so you use up more resources, perhaps even run a risk of an addiction :D).

Id like to see some sort of social reaction to mass CBM use. And perhaps even EMPs damaging CBMs or something. Maybe not permanently, but itd be neat to me to see a cyborg short circuit as his awesome joint rachet system froze up and halved movement rate until it was ‘reset’.

His booze converter secreted tons of acid/toxins as its filtration system failed. etc.
Her diamond corneas shut and she got blinded.

Oh man, the list of body horror for cyborgs.

There is a start you can choose, something like failed experiment. You start with a ton of passive cbms but all but one or two are exactly what youre describing. Your vision pixelates, you make 30sound at random tines, i actually died from a cbm in my sleep because it continuously spills acid into my body. Should check it out.