The in game music never play

I downloaded the latested version today and also two music file Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.ogg and cataclysmthemeREV6.ogg. No BGM played after I put these two music files into the “sound” folder. I didn’t change the game setting and the volume is 100. Anyone have the soultion?

You’re using the tiles version, right? (Of course you do, the curses version doesn’t have a volume option.) What does the log (“config/debug.log”) say?

Ah, I think I found the problem: the file must be named “/data/sound/cataclysmthemeREV6.wav” (“wav”, not “ogg”), according to “data/sound/musicset.json”. (Similar for the other file.)

Alternatively, if you want to keep the “.ogg” extensions, you can change the file names in “data/sound/musicset.json”.

[quote=“BevapDin, post:2, topic:10392”]You’re using the tiles version, right? (Of course you do, the curses version doesn’t have a volume option.) What does the log (“config/debug.log”) say?

Ah, I think I found the problem: the file must be named “/data/sound/cataclysmthemeREV6.wav” (“wav”, not “ogg”), according to “data/sound/musicset.json”. (Similar for the other file.)

Alternatively, if you want to keep the “.ogg” extensions, you can change the file names in “data/sound/musicset.json”.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply! The game version that I am using is cataclysmdda-0.C-3608 which is released today. I checked the log, it says nothing about the sound. Then I tried converting ogg file to wav file to see if that works, sadly not. After that, I change the file name in “musicset.json” file, still nothing happend. (but the soundset.json does work)

I gave up the latest version and turned to the stable 0.C version, then it works perfectly. So I think there is a bug in the new version that causes the playlist not working. Hope this can be fixed in the next update. After all, having BGM will provide players with better game experience.

Hi, please check the content of data/sound/musicset.json. I played with it yesterday and found that the format should be updated. The following works for me.

[
    {
        "type": "playlist",
        "playlists":
        [
            {
                "id" : "title",
                "shuffle" : false,
                "files" : [
                    {
                        "file": "Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.wav",
                        "volume": 128
                    },
                    {
                        "file": "cataclysmthemeREV6.wav",
                        "volume": 90
                    }
                ]
            }
        ]
    }
]

[quote=“cliffs, post:4, topic:10392”]Hi, please check the content of data/sound/musicset.json. I played with it yesterday and found that the format should be updated. The following works for me.

[ { "type": "playlist", "playlists": [ { "id" : "title", "shuffle" : false, "files" : [ { "file": "Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.wav", "volume": 128 }, { "file": "cataclysmthemeREV6.wav", "volume": 90 } ] } ] } ] [/quote]

Oh my god,man, that’s awesome!Finally it works!!!Thank you!!!
BTW how do you find that?amazing!

[quote=“cliffs, post:4, topic:10392”]Hi, please check the content of data/sound/musicset.json. I played with it yesterday and found that the format should be updated. The following works for me.

[ { "type": "playlist", "playlists": [ { "id" : "title", "shuffle" : false, "files" : [ { "file": "Dark_Days_Ahead_demo_2.wav", "volume": 128 }, { "file": "cataclysmthemeREV6.wav", "volume": 90 } ] } ] } ] [/quote]

It works pretty well, but I get a little problem that the game crashes while closing. Have you encountered the same situation?