The Graveyard Keeper - Profession

I just wanna keep my job.”

Dude clad in gray overalls, carrying a shovel. What’s he got in common with the walking dead? Well, he’s probably helped with a few coverup jobs regarding dead folk coming back to life. The government does make… mistakes.
It’s just a job, so why not make sure you do it right? His interpretation of doing a good job being the .44 Magnum strapped to his leg.

Place this at the very end of your professions.json and you will have a gravekeeper profession.

{ "type": "profession", "ident": "grave_keeper", "name": "Grave Keeper", "description": "You've been dealing with the dead and occasionally walking all your life, so, really, not much has changed. Only difference is that now the bounty is on your head, and the horde is coming to collect.", "points": 2, "items": { "both": [ "flashlight", "shovel", "ruger_redhawk", "44magnum", "overalls", "tshirt", "gold_watch", "socks", "boots" ], "male": [ "boxer_shorts" ], "female": [ "bra", "panties" ] } }

and this at the end of armor.json

{ "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "overalls", "name" : "overalls", "name_plural" : "overalls", "weight" : 600, "color" : "brown", "covers" : ["LEGS"], "to_hit" : 1, "storage" : 10, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "A pair of heavy overalls. Function beats fashion any day.", "price" : 5500, "material" : ["cotton", "null"], "volume" : 10, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 30, "phase" : "solid", "environmental_protection" : 0, "encumbrance" : 2, "bashing" : -4, "flags" : ["VARSIZE", "POCKETS", "WATERPROOF"], "coverage" : 95, "material_thickness" : 2 }

[quote=“Daidalon, post:2, topic:6874”]Place this at the very end of your professions.json and you will have a gravekeeper profession.

{ "type": "profession", "ident": "grave_keeper", "name": "Grave Keeper", "description": "You've been dealing with the dead and occasionally walking all your life, so, really, not much has changed. Only difference is that now the bounty is on your head, and the horde is coming to collect.", "points": 2, "items": { "both": [ "flashlight", "ruger_redhawk", "44magnum", "pants", "tshirt", "gold_watch" ], "male": [ "boxer_shorts" ], "female": [ "bra", "panties" ] } }[/quote]

No shoes, no socks, no shovel: no merge. Needs tuned up a notch. :wink:

Really needs his overalls though. Gotta store that stuff somewhere.
And maybe some delicious lasagna or mac&cheese for flavor. (Italy, baby.)

I’ll be honest, I face palmed in real life when I realized I forgot to add the shovel. I don’t recommend it if you were glasses.

Anyways, I fixed it up and even created overalls for him. He doesn’t have quite enough room to stash his shovel, but I got a mental image of a shovel sticking out of and old guys pants and decided against making it a thing.

Also, would you guys be interested if I made a tool that allowed people to quickly and easily add items to the game (with features like saving and loading additions to accomodate version changes)? I get a feeling these kind of requests show up a lot.

Third (ly?), do you have a guide to getting cata to compile on windows 8? I used to be able to do it pre tiles, but apparently you guys are using a lot of new libraries.

Edit:No lasagna for you, Slax!

Yesssssssssssssss. As long as you keep it updated.

It’ll take a bit then, assuming they don’t go and change the json format (again).

Have you seen the movie called Cemetery Man http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109592/.
Awesome movie! Has zombies and one of the biggest WTF endings I have ever seen.

Anyway give him/her a shovel ruger redhawk and a dark suit.

would you also be able to make a tool for monsters as well… or even just a cataclysm editor tool :stuck_out_tongue: to hwere it maes the game easly moddible and the changes you make to game can be added as mods for game :stuck_out_tongue:

would you also be able to make a tool for monsters as well… or even just a cataclysm editor tool :stuck_out_tongue: to hwere it maes the game easly moddible and the changes you make to game can be added as mods for game :P[/quote]

Family came down for a week, so I still have about half to a third of the original tool(s) left.

I can look into it, but I make no guarantees it will be anything resembling pretty if I do do it.