~The Flesh Forest~

a great vid to watch on the SCP the flesh that hates:

1 Like

Flesh Forest (complete)

Screenshots

Crimson horror’s beloved sanctuary is done :wink:

2 Likes

This is bringing back some serious Darkwood vibes, which I am totally OK with.

1 Like

is from a sand alone mod, or part o another one?

Lowkey looks like Dead Frontier, but much more horrifying :smile:

I remember trying this game years ago and really wanting to like it. Unfortunately the gameplay loop was just irritating for me. The daytime exploration was great, but I hated being forced to head back to shelter every night and wait (unskippable) until daytime. It really hurt the game by repeating halting any possible momentum.

Dark Woods is a great game, nothing else much like it. Wish there where more like it.

Have to agree the pacing was a bit distracting when you had to drop everything you were doing to head back home, but I really enjoyed the night events and couldn’t imagine the game without them.
If the game could incorporate both the night events along with not having to drop tasks mid way, then that be great;
Though I’m not sure how that would work. Still, easily handled with a bit of restraint and planning. A if I’m feeling dangerous, then some late gambling to see if I can gather something extra.

1 Like

Yeah, that was what I thought when playing the game. Player choice is very important to me. An option to stay out at night and be in drastically increased danger would’ve been a good alternative for players who like taking risks.
I personally didn’t find the night events too compelling, but the last time I played was early access, so maybe the devs made them more interesting. Night time was mostly standing still waiting and occasionally re-barricade something or batter an enemy. I never really felt like I was in danger.

1 Like

They improved the nights a bit by making it so that the more time you spent in the game the more dangerous they became.

So play it too cautiously and you’ll find yourself having to deal with high end enemies like chompers and those Crow Mothers, or worse.

1 Like

Another game similar to Darkwoods in style and gameplay would be “Subterrain”,
A faster paced game with character needs management, equipment upgrades and base defence.
It’s a good game but can be prone to a bit of monotony and backtracking after awhile. Worth a try if you like to try something like Darkwoods but with more pace.

On another note:
Has there been any more news on AcidWizard Studios (creators of Darkwoods)?

I heard they were taking a break but it’s been awhile and I’ve yet to see any recent activity.

1 Like