The extremes of vehicle design (and how it's lacking)

So we all know the typical deathmobile setup. Military composite everything, a tank gun or 5, auto laser turrets… but to me, something’s missing. Many versions back there were 15 liter engines, and the mechanics skill went up fast enough to feasibly put 2-3 on your car. Everytime you accelerated you’d go deaf and the BRUMBRUMBRUMBRUM message showed up.

Now that’s missing, partly because mechanics seems to go up past 10 slower now and because every engine is fixed to a liter count. V12s are cool, but I think we need to go even further. V16s, or handcrafted powerhouses made from several truck engines. We need something to stick on the back of our deathmobile at great cost so that we can leave every tile in style - full of smoke and with a sound of 500.

… If there’s a mod for this, someone send me to it, 'cuz I haven’t seen one.

EDIT: Better yet, W engines. We can craft a LOT of stuff that shouldn’t be possible for one single human. Why would engines be out of reach for our dude who can make railguns, vehicles from scratch and mininukes?

EDIT 2: Okay so turns out modding is easier than I thought… maybe I should release a “souped up engines” mod

3 Likes

Yeah making a mod of this is the better idea anyways. Its already been stated that “X should be possible because Y is” is basically a flag that your idea isn’t going to get mainlined. The game is ‘largely possible’ with ‘isolated instances of super science.’ Player crafting super insane things that should require factories of specialized equipment is also something that is repeatedly sited as ‘not going to be mainlined.’

2 Likes

Yeah, and theres:
I can walk trough walls:

i can dive from batween the doors
I cant walk trough walls:

2 Likes

V12s are cool, but I think we need to go even further. V16s, or handcrafted powerhouses made from several truck engines. We need something to stick on the back of our deathmobile at great cost so that we can leave every tile in style - full of smoke and with a sound of 500.

Watch when it “accidentally” shoots you

2 Likes

The robot rebellion starts continues

2 Likes

Vehicle Turrets are pretty good about not shooting you. Your allies, not so much.

At first when I saw the warning from the turret I thought that if I didn’t get out of its way in time that it would shoot me anyway.

vehicles are already OP, no need to make it worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Tim?
Tim Taylor?!
Hey everybody! Good news! Tim “The Toolman” Taylor survived the Apocalypse!
Anybody remember that turbocharged ride-on belt sander? It sounds like that’s the goal here: put enough power into your vehicle that it rips the ground out from underneath itself and buries itself in a pit when you start it up.
MORE POWER!

(Am I being silly? Sure. But you started it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I really should add gas turbines for tanks and crashed aircraft. Each of a UH-60’s turbines are 1,890 HP. There’s no real reason why you couldn’t take one off and use it to power your car, if you felt the desperate need to burn all the gas ever to generate 1.4 MW of motive power.

2 Likes

I got into the game looking for something to play with on a modding and coding level.

I should really mod in a catalytic reactor to let you make gasoline and diesel fuel out of coal and oil and alcohol and wood gas and whatever else. There’s a decent chunk of chemistry and certainly some engineering, mechanics, and fabrication involved, but there’s really no reason that you couldn’t set up gassification technology and Fisher-Tropsch reactions. It isn’t especially efficient, but if you really need gasoline it’s a viable solution.

1 Like