The complexity of this game has surpassed non-optional permadeath

[quote=“Hyena Grin, post:169, topic:5464”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:167, topic:5464”]so, no (non debugging*) use cases for in-game save loading other than what I outlined, and no disagreement on the reasons I outlined that it’s unnecessary? If that’s the case we can call the issue closed because ther is no rationale for it improving the game experience.
*If you need a fast reload feature for testing we can hide it behind the debug flag so it doesn’t go out with the release builds.[/quote]

I definitely disagree, I’ve spent a lot of time outlining why I disagree. Improved user experience is subjective, not objective, and if you can easily accommodate a group of people whose subjective experience is different from yours, without harming your own experience of the game, I have yet to hear a good justification for not doing so. The only arguments have come down to people explaining why they like the game the way it is (not why people shouldn’t like the game for other reasons), and pointing to ‘design decisions’ that use the exact same justification. So, apart from being tired of repeating myself I’d be happy to continue to have that discussion. But I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon, so where it comes to the justification, I’d call it ‘agreeing to disagree.’

And given that this is more of a representative democracy than it is an actual democracy, I’m more than happy to compromise.[/quote]I’m of the opinion that this debate is only ongoing because of your insistence to push a “suggestion” beyond the bounds of a “suggestion”. There is no democracy here. We have people here who have definitive right to accept or reject a given suggestion. Kevin being one of the most prominent ones. On grounds of conflicting with the desired final design of the game, the suggestion has been rejected.
[glow=black,2,300]
GAME OVER - Press spacebar to Quit.

Do you have any last words? ____________________________________[/glow]