The Chef o'da Woods!

hmm something tells me roasted frog would be good addition to food…

Fun Fact:

Typing in a specific name of a plant into Google’s standard search engine oft provides a visual image on the right side of the screen with the nutritional information as well. Just noticed this in case anyone has an inclination to add specific plants to the game and also the visuals.

Try some flowers! Many are edible. Some are turn into candy and sold commercially.

Roses : Flavor reminiscent of strawberries and green apples. … All roses are edible , with the flavor being more pronounced in the darker varieties. Miniature varieties can garnish ice cream and desserts, or larger petals can be sprinkled on desserts or salads. Warning; do NOT eat commercial florest bought roses. These are often sprayed with chemicals and could poison you. Eat your own grown plants if you haven’t doused them with chemicals.

1 Like

Ok folks I’ve been forgetting to do this for awhile now and it should help anyone coding. I have a few pictures with a crap camera that I did my best at snapping to provide nutritional value for a number of things in generic terms. One of my foraging guides actually. They did the work. I thought it could be useful to everyone.

Here we go. sorry for the shabby quality. I don’t have a steady hand.

page 1)

page 2)

and slightly better or worse same page?

Only 2 pages in the book. Not huge amount of wild in this. But a few things of interest. The page with too much light exposure can be darkened a little in a program like IrfanView or Gimp if you need those value numbers for pears and peas.

1 Like