Tazer a bit too powerful?

So, I love the mall security profession. 0 points, telescoping baton, and it starts with a damn tazer.

Tazers are sooo good. Its kind of nuts. In my most recent game I had a whole bunch of giant ants in my evac shelters basement and was able to clear it without issue just by tazing everything. It kind of trivializes the early game if you have one.

I think the reason Tazers are a bit too good, is you can activate them directly from your inventory. Should they be changed so that you have to 'w’ield them in order to use them? I personally think so, right now its basically the same thing as shooting a gun from your inventory.

100 charges of batteries per use, with batteries being kinda not a plentiful resource.
I think it’s fine, by the time you can get working recharge station you deserve being able to quickly kill weak enemies like zombies and ants. It’s a problem if it works the same on heavier ones like hulks or nether critters.

if tazer work like electroshock cbm it work on blobs and shogoth too so tazer is good med-game weapon (after learning how to making batteries or creating recharging station and rechargeable battery mod)

I’ve actually never really had a huge battery problem, I tend to find things like radios or extra flashlights that I just take the batteries out of. They might not always be fully charged but they’re good enough

yea but from flashlight or radios you do not get enought batteries to defeat 920 zombies (horde) what heard your car ramming a flower near your base

I like the adjustment of requiring you to wield the taser, it also provides a reason to use the shock weapons.

Wait, the tazer actually works on zombies? The description says it only works on organics, which would render it pretty useless by the time you could keep one fed.

Technically zombies are reactivated “living” human bodies. The only difference is there’s nothing left of the person they once were. And they want to kill you.

So yeah, they’re organic. Should work.

The goo isn’t going to keep the zombie’s muscles from seizing up when you run thousands of volts through them. Tazers work just fine on dead bodies, it’s just that most dead bodies aren’t doing anything.

Now that you mention, it, yeah. You’re right.

Heck, with the proper application of electricity, you might be able to give even an actual dead body a (really twitchy) semblance of life!
Clearly there is some !!SCIENCE!! to be done.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:10, topic:7435”]Heck, with the proper application of electricity, you might be able to give even an actual dead body a (really twitchy) semblance of life!
Clearly there is some !!SCIENCE!! to be done.[/quote]

Rivet, you are my favorite person today.