All hail tazers

Out of complete and general boredom, I tested to see if I could kill stuff with a tazer. Surprisingly, it’s very effective against almost anything if you’re comfortable to stick in melee range. One shot, and a handful of batteries (or the UPS, UPS bionic, or maybe atomic battery mod) will forever stun seemingly anything as you taze them to death.

While shoggoths are out since they regenerate, jabberwocks take around 25 shocks to kill, hulks around 30. If you’re completely insane and manage to get in melee range, tank drones take around 17. Tank drones, getting killed by a tazer. I spawned a drone via debug, but long ago I did manage to melee a tank drone during night time, so tazering them to death is as plausible as killing them with krav maga.

Surprisingly, shockers are also affected by the stun and damage of tazers, despite electricity being their thing.

So far, it fares well enough on small crowds.

It works? I never got a zombie to stun with a tazer, but I only tried to zap it like once or twice. But they take damage from it, you say? I always thought tazers might be superb against the moose and bears in the early game. Zap, then stab stab. Zap stab stab. Beanbags stun zombies though. My God, I shot a spitter with a beanbag once, and it was stunned for like 10 turns or something, stumbling around like a moron, and I was like “YEAH! Take that you loot-destroying son of a bitch. Now hold still while I cut you up!” Not once did it get a chance to spit acid.

It doesn’t say stunned when you taze them, but they don’t do anything as well. They just stand there as you taze them to death, or melee them to death.

Truly tazers are the greatest of all weapons. Even the dreaded Tanks Drones are no match for the ultimate weapons that is the Tazer.

Wow, to think I’ve been completely underestimating tazers this entire time

In any case, it’s not particularly cost-effective unless you have it modded to use a UPS the pretty dang rare UPS bionic. A normal UPS and advanced UPS can work, but the normal tazer eats up batteries a hundred per use, so trying to kill everything via that won’t be much useful.

Fiddling with the UPS powered tazer with the UPS bionic some more. Definitely handy for a lot of situations. On one instance, killed three bio-operators with it without getting hit. Though, all three didn’t surround me at melee range. One got shocked, one just moved to melee range, shocked him as well, then the third got into range by then, so shocked him as well. After that, it was a matter of shocking them to death. A hulk can takes about an hour to recover and start attacking/moving after 10 shocks.

I’ve always praised tazers. Long time ago shoggoths would stop to regenerate if zapped by a tazer.

tazers are so useful, i love tazing unruly npcs who attempt to rob me.

Yup. Pretty much my main use for the tazer until I began testing it out on other things.

I guess it’s time for me to craft that powered quarterstaf then…

Other fun things I’ve noticed via tazer combat.

If you’re being chased through a narrow street via an army of zombies. If you shock the ones in front, the zombies behind can’t displace them, leaving them stuck until the ones shocked in front recover.

I now always carry a UPS-modded tazer, powered by the UPS bionic, on me at all times. It has proven invaluable for taking down feral predators and zombie hulk and definetely saved my life on multiple occasions.

Now we need tazer bullets and no not the bean bags like rubber bullets or something like that.

That setup is certainly reliable. The trick I found out that I mentioned on my previous post has been particularly effective. When I block them off, I either run like hell or take several steps back and start shooting at the ranged attackers like spitters and shockers.

tazer rounds for shotguns do exist. not sure what changes would need to be made to add them ingame though.

Or, ya know, just implement a ranged taser like the police use. Give it single use cartridges. Heck, we have energy weapons, make a laser taser (a…well shoot I can’t figure out how to combine the two words into some mishmash) as well.

No I meant for weapons like an assault rifle or the likes.

No I meant for weapons like an assault rifle or the likes.[/quote]
Rifle rounds are too small to incorporate tazer tech that would function well, and the idea itself is rather stupid. Police departments have more shotguns than assault rifles by a large margin so at least all of them would be able to use a .12 gauge tazer.

No I meant for weapons like an assault rifle or the likes.[/quote]
Rifle rounds are too small to incorporate tazer tech that would function well, and the idea itself is rather stupid. Police departments have more shotguns than assault rifles by a large margin so at least all of them would be able to use a .12 gauge tazer.[/quote]
I mean bullets that would stun enemies. Not necessarily tazer.