Taxidermy derail Re: Needfull things (simple additions to improve the game)

Yeah. I reckoned it’d be a more simple solution. Like, for skinning whatever corpse it is to be stuffed, you also get byproducts such as bones and meat. Like how lard gives you cracklins as well.

This may sound a bit odd… but if you incapacitated a zombie, then tied/strapped it to a post with its arms free when it ‘woke up’ it could be a bit of a grappling trap/warning.

Then again, I reckon that sort of shennaniganry to come back and bite you in the end, probably literally as the zed either finds way out through persistence or mutation, or just manages to call in its friends.

Still, heads/corpses on pikes would be interesting to see at raider camps. A very clear ‘don’t fuck with us’ sign. I recall that in Dwarf Fortress one may come across the head of a previous character if you were unlucky in choosing foes.

This might work best if morale actually meant something when NPC’s came by.

Guard-dog zombie chained to the fence does indeed seem like asking for trouble - but i feel that way about zlaves anyway. lol.

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:22, topic:9244”]This may sound a bit odd… but if you incapacitated a zombie, then tied/strapped it to a post with its arms free when it ‘woke up’ it could be a bit of a grappling trap/warning.

Then again, I reckon that sort of shennaniganry to come back and bite you in the end, probably literally as the zed either finds way out through persistence or mutation, or just manages to call in its friends.[/quote]
This is an absolutely terrible idea, we should add it immediately.

hmmm with advanced zombie taxidermy you gain the ability to modify what fashion of butchering you do.
Silent corpse - Zombies windpipe has been torn apart, rendering it unable to alert fellow zombies or make more sound than it takes to stumble. Of coarse tied to a post would limit the corpse to attacking passing entities.

Zlave corpse - This body has had all the teeth and fingernails removed! If it was still walking around it wouldn’t be able to do much damage, but would probably make some noise.

Silent zlave corpse - Someone has torn the entire jaw and throat off this body as well as the fingernails… even if this corpse was still walking around it probably wouldn’t be much of a threat. Almost makes you want to box…

maybe later in taxidermy you can even start adding bits…

Siren corpse - This corpse has had a whistle/trumpet surgically attached to its face! If it was still walking around it would certainly make a lot of noise, especially if it saw something munchy.

Blade corpse - this body has giant blades surgically attached to its forearms! How terrible. Well at least its only a body.

quick release - this clip can hold a decent amount of weight, but has an ez pull release, attaching a long string would allow this to be operated at a distance

^^^^ I imagine the above being used to hold a chained blade zlave, allowing you to have a manually released attack…blade corpse dog thing… OH and if you make it so you can dress the corpses you could even armor it! MWAHAHAHA cannon fodder/ attack zoms on demand! you could chain them all up in a small enclosure with no vision, then when you run into a trouble area, release them all and have them follow you to the chicken walker, or other obnoxious mutual enemy. Then re-chain when they are dead and you have shoot the chicken wakler to death while it dealt with zoms. SOOO many possibilities. Im not even slowing down… but Ima not make a 5 page report on possibilities of zlaves, and just end this here.

Some of these sound more like things I’ve encountered in bioshock games than CDDA lol.

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:22, topic:9244”]This may sound a bit odd… but if you incapacitated a zombie, then tied/strapped it to a post with its arms free when it ‘woke up’ it could be a bit of a grappling trap/warning.

Then again, I reckon that sort of shennaniganry to come back and bite you in the end, probably literally as the zed either finds way out through persistence or mutation, or just manages to call in its friends.

Still, heads/corpses on pikes would be interesting to see at raider camps. A very clear ‘don’t fuck with us’ sign. I recall that in Dwarf Fortress one may come across the head of a previous character if you were unlucky in choosing foes.[/quote]

Doesn’t Negan’s gang use this in The Walking Dead?

why is everyone worried that this idea or that has been seen SOMEWHERE in someones inagination that one time? Cata has so many ideas from so many places, and many an original one already. At this point it is almost impossible to make cata seem like a rip-off of something else. Besides anytime someone runs into something they have seen elsewhere in a game like cata the general reaction is Oh cool! They did this thing like that other thing did, neat.

I was pretty tired when I posted. A better idea would be to look at the games we’re unintentionally referencing, and see how they did similar well. Then take only what works best in CDDA and add our own spin to it to really make it shine.

Though I’m not interested in making zlaves as a player, I have to admit, when NPC’s get some continued love, it’d be really scary to run into a bandit/rogue faction that uses such leashed zombies covered in sharp bits of metal to guard their base.

I’m sorry, but harnessing swarms of zombies just sounds like an Icarian task to me.

Oh, you know those things that are trying to kill us that you never want to fight more than one at a time of? I decided that I would round up a whole bunch of them, keep them inside the inner wall of my compound and then stick giant blades on their arms! I can use them to fight our enemies! It's going to be great!
[i]Interviewee was unavailable for a one-week follow up interview on the efficacy of their new fighting methods.[/i]

sigh thats what guns are for! And besiiiiiides No sane mad zombie horder keeps them INSIDE a compound! You keep them in a separate cage, facing outward with a GIANT sheet over it so they don’t see anything exciting untill you WANT them too… then you close all the gates, pull the lever, and watch as your enemies fight each other from the comfort of your scavenged lazyboy.

Then once its all over, whoever won, you kill the rest of them, drag ALL the recoverable zlaves into the pen again, close it all up, and wait for them to reanimate once more. In the case of NPC bandits, you also keep them to keep moral up :smiley: Because who DOESN’T feel more chearful with the knowledge that not working faster means you walk the scurvy plank to the pirana shark laser shark zlave pen???!!??!??? ?