Tails Forbid Wearing Underwear

I feel like this is a little pointless, and really puts mutants in a tight spot if they don’t have a lot of materials and knowledge of recipes on hand come some unfriendly climate. How am I supposed to stay warm in the winter if I can’t wear pants?

It can be worked around, of course, but I think it’s a little of a needless obstacle to have to overcome. And can someone explain how cat tails can forbid wearing panties? I have watched plenty of anime, bros, I know how this shit works.

furry says underpants cant be worn with a tail :\ /

its a joke just sitting there.

but a hole in cloth pants should be doable.
i wonder if its pissible/worth making a mamdatory 20% unarmored malus for the leg section for a tail

The description of the mutation explains that it forbids wearing anything besides cloth pants.

Pants are made of cloth. Jeans are made of cloth. Lots of pants are made of cloth. Can’t wear a damn one of them. Hell, you can’t even wear leg armor, according to this logic. Am I to believe I can’t strap 2 by 4’s to my shins due to my tail lodging itself in place every time I try to put them on?

…and underwear? I mean…come on now.

I don’t think straight up putting your foot down and saying “no, you can’t wear this” is the answer. A debuff, maybe? That sounds more user-friendly and open to interpretation, yes?

I wonder if surgically removing your own mutated bodyparts should be an option, too. Taking a hacksaw to unruly horns or docking that ugly and still-somewhat-thin tail perhaps?

Aren t all your bodyparts like regenerating because of blob? I mean your limbs do regrow too.

Nope - you can’t remove a fusion blaster because that would remove your arm.
Your limbs break then mend, not regrow.

Id love to be able to select crippling traits at game start, such as missing arms or reduced vison or maybe a lame foot or severe allergies.

Your limbs break then mend, not regrow.[/quote]

would the lizard regen enable you to regrow that arm?

A few of those are in already sort of:
Near-Sighted
Slow Footed
Various food allergies/dislikes

Your limbs break then mend, not regrow.[/quote]

would the lizard regen enable you to regrow that arm?[/quote]This is a good point. Even getting past lizard things, why wouldn’t you be able to just “mutate” in an “extra” arm when comes a time you happen to be one arm short? (given targeted mutagens or luck).
I mean.
Mutations pretty much grow in extra limbs and body parts at a whim at this point, don’t they?

That would lead to an interesting scenario where your regrown arm kind of… falls off, when you take purifier. Maybe.

I still can’t fathom why someone would replace their arm with a fusion blaster, truly. Couldn’t it have been sufficient just strapping the thing to the arm (over the arm or alongside it) and setting up external ports on said arm?

You can turn it into a fusion blaster rifle instead of using it as a CBM. Though this does require a certain level of electronics and fabrication expertise, so someone who doesn’t have the skill to think of doing that might in desperation let it remove the use of their arm in exchange for an integrated weapon. Though obviously it seems like a really short sighted choice.

I’m kind of curious if there are any plans to create Bionic Limb CBMs. People lose limbs all the time after all and the technology even today is fast approaching the point of practical use. Seems like it’d be a logical thing to do once you work out the nervous system control issues that the existence of activated CBMs seem to imply. They wouldn’t heal like your natural limbs of course, but they’d probably have a good bit of inherent durability and you could repair them with the proper skill.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:11, topic:12264”]You can turn it into a fusion blaster rifle instead of using it as a CBM. Though this does require a certain level of electronics and fabrication expertise, so someone who doesn’t have the skill to think of doing that might in desperation let it remove the use of their arm in exchange for an integrated weapon. Though obviously it seems like a really short sighted choice.[/quote]I just wonder why R&D figures that arm removal would be a suitably cheap, efficient, and favorable platform to go for in making it as opposed to just a strapped-on fusion cannon CBM, with just the connectors built into the arm.

id be okay with seeing a perma 20 encumbrance from strapping a pipe to your arm

Have Tail, Will Travel?

Hole in undies makes sense ANnnnddddd… likke a firebelt, we can use it to attach a crow bar or some other tool lol XD
(no…seriously, it would be efficient AND funny)

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12967.0 is referencing the same thing. Perhaps the “allow_soft_gear” : true json thing is bugged.

Should be fixed now. The bug was in materials - they didn’t actually read their “soft” field.

Soft Gear…is what?

Last year I had this huge debate with folks about Soft/Hard Leather crafting and upgrading clothing gear. I have to ask of course if this is related?

PS- Can we have that difference if not already in?
(Soft non-encumbering leather for quick flexible athletic characters. Hard leather for tank characters)

Any gear with a soft material is considered soft. Soft materials are cotton, wool, leather, and nomex.

Is “It is very bulky” also checked? Inclusively, that is.

Yes. E.g. if you have Antennae, you can wear a head torch.