Super Wepons

i dont now if thats how you call them but wen you see a missel silo you feel good now you can destroy a fungal bloom but there radios is some kinde big and wen theres an inportant structer near bi that you
whant to check out you might destroyet (map)

so it wuld be cool making other tipes of super wepons here some ideas …
…0…
Military artilari post=it can be fired 2 times and there explosion radios is 1 example …

mini missel silo=a smaler version of a missel silo 1 shot…0…
…000…
…0…

[quote=“yonsisac, post:1, topic:6389”]I don’t know if that’s what you call them, but when you see a missile silo you feel good, now you can destroy a fungal bloom, but their radius is kinda big, and when there’s an important structure near by that you
want to check out you might destroy it (map)

so it would be cool making other types of super weapons, here are some ideas. …
…0…
Military artillery post=it can be fired 2 times and the explosion radios is 1. …

mini missile silo=a smaller version of a missile silo, 1 shot…0…
…000…
…0…[/quote]
Spell checked that for ya, but anyway.

Yeah, I think perhaps some smaller “eradication devices” would be kinda nice, although a miniature missile silo would probably be pushing it, perhaps replace that with an equivalent of a fire-base, with automatic turrets set up, and a post-modern equivalent of a Nebelwerfer.

“John Freeman then looked on the ground and found WEPON

Sorry, I just had to do that.

[quote=“ShinQuickMan, post:3, topic:6389”]“John Freeman then looked on the ground and found WEPON

Sorry, I just had to do that.[/quote]
Goddamnit, I was gonna say that.

I didn’t get the reference. (Un?)Luckily, Google was there to point out where I could find all about John Freeman and his wepon.

Now I need to drink bleach to clear it out of my mind.

On the topic of large scale weapons, I don’t really think they suit the Cataclysm setting - At least not in the hands/control of the Survivor.

I could see the remains of the Army giving you some limmited artillery/air support if you are in very good standing with them and doing some important mission for them.

And perhaps some of the larger factions could offer you small mortar strikes under the same situations.

But we need factions first really, then we can start thinking about what exact benefits they provide,

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:6, topic:6389”]I could see the remains of the Army giving you some limmited artillery/air support if you are in very good standing with them and doing some important mission for them.

And perhaps some of the larger factions could offer you small mortar strikes under the same situations.

But we need factions first really, then we can start thinking about what exact benefits they provide,[/quote]

Eh, that works, but I was thinking it could work in context, seeing as how the military abandoned New England, and it probably wouldn’t be stretching it to say they had abandoned military equipment like, say ,a fire base with a, say, HIMARS, MLRS, or M110 Howitzer.

in mi opinion a M101 howitzer will do for a new eradication device

Artillery might work, but isn’t a high priority. At this point I’m more worried about a silo-launched nuke not killing something that dies to a few rifle bullets.

And I’m not paying much attention to whether silo-nuking a Fungal Bloom kills the spire.

[quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:6389”]Artillery might work, but isn’t a high priority. At this point I’m more worried about a silo-launched nuke not killing something that dies to a few rifle bullets.

And I’m not paying much attention to whether silo-nuking a Fungal Bloom kills the spire.[/quote]
I don’t think nukes even need to kill anything.
Nuking a location could be as easy as swapping out the affected overmap tiles for craters, rubble and radiation.
I don’t think actual damage even needs to be calculated.

[quote=“Adrian, post:10, topic:6389”][quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:6389”]Artillery might work, but isn’t a high priority. At this point I’m more worried about a silo-launched nuke not killing something that dies to a few rifle bullets.

And I’m not paying much attention to whether silo-nuking a Fungal Bloom kills the spire.[/quote]
Nuking a location could be as easy as swapping out the affected overmap tiles for craters, rubble and radiation.
I don’t think actual damage even needs to be calculated.[/quote]
That’s what it does, and that’s why it doesn’t work right.

[quote=“Adrian, post:10, topic:6389”][quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:6389”]Artillery might work, but isn’t a high priority. At this point I’m more worried about a silo-launched nuke not killing something that dies to a few rifle bullets.

I don’t think actual damage even needs to be calculated.[/quote]

That’s what nukes do currently, and it feels like a cop out when you manage to get into a nuked town and all the zombies are alive still. :confused:

If mini-nukes are to have this blast radius, they’d be best for things that you absolutely don’t want to kill any way else, like mega-jabberwocks.. Therefore, giving them a killing effect is important, or it won’t have made a difference at all.