[Suggestion] More Enemies that are actually dangerous

Ohs. :x

One day Ill look up how to and then go do this thing we speak of. I dont encounter the dingleberries very often

Ah, well, I guess it’s because they’re usually one of the first things I go for. Free self-replicating food!

Clearly we need DF-style dragonfire. ;w;

EDIT: Noticing that giant cellar spiders are a bit less aggressive than intended. Might give them an additional anger trigger.

I have a request.

Can a endgame player test this guy out with their survivor gear on? Maybe shoot it up?

{
“type” : “MONSTER”,
“id” : “mon_zombie_hulk_pk”,
“name”: “zombie tank”,
“species”:“ZOMBIE”,
“default_faction”:“zombie”,
“symbol”:“Z”,
“color”:“magenta_white”,
“size”:“HUGE”,
“material”:“flesh”,
“diff”:60,
“aggression”:100,
“morale”:100,
“speed”:150,
“melee_skill”:7,
“melee_dice”:2,
“melee_dice_sides”:20,
“melee_cut”:5,
“dodge”:4,
“armor_bash”:20,
“armor_cut”:20,
“armor_stab”:10,
“armor_fire”: 5,
“vision_day”:50,
“vision_night”:4,
“death_drops”: “mon_zombie_hulk_death_drops”,
“hp”:666,
“death_function”:[“NORMAL”],
“special_attacks”:[[“SMASH”, 20], [“BIO_OP_TAKEDOWN”, 30]],
“description”:“Rumored to be to conjoining of several bodies, the massive Zombie Tank is perhaps the ultimate tool of destruction. Making up for what it lacks in skill with brutality, it is the demolisions of the zombie scourge.”,
“flags”:[“SEES”, “HEARS”, “SMELLS”, “STUMBLES”, “WARM”, “BASHES”, “DESTROYS”, “POISON”, “ATTACKMON”, “LEATHER”, “NO_BREATHE”, “REVIVES”, “BONES”, “FAT”, “PUSH_MON”]
},

Ive made a a decent dent in it with level 5 skills and what I think I would be genericly wearing at level 5 (less leather, less kevlar, nail bat/generic sword/steel spear).

But even at level 10 its not to be completely disregarded.

= = = = =

And then, I want to know about shrieking. Or screeching. I see the screecher has a paralysing shriek attack. Does that call homies?

What about an evolved bloated zombie that bursts into incendiary? No spark, just the gas.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:118, topic:11207”]Clearly we need more diversity for fungalized zeds, so you can get out-marloss’d by a fungal hulk. o3o

Meanwhile, giant cellar spiders and giant rattlesnakes are in. Their final stats differ from what I posted here.[/quote]

Yea, I noticed all of a sudden snaeks.

Top snek. Is it Fun, or at least mildly able to shake things up? ;w;

I was cooking, and I ignored it when it said rattlesnake. I walked diagnolly and it pathed into the fire :frowning: Its variety, but it wasnt getting through my armor.

;w;

Dont take it too hard. It makes a nice early game tin can for meat.

Im usually killing a lot of things, and I prioritize leveling up tailoring for a reason.

You can actually buff them, ja? Gimme a few to look at them.

Well, hes only got 1 dodge and 50 health. :confused:

And he only does 1d8 damage. Wearing 3 shirts about covers that. And 1 good coat will stop it. And even if you arent the odds are pretty good he’ll roll less than 4 (37.5%), so.

While here, what does this do:

{“damage_type” : “stab”, “amount” : 10, “armor_multiplier” : 0.7}

Armor_mult reduces the targets armor value for the purposes of this attack, rite?

He’s got those large fangs, so . . . I think that although a normal rattler wouldnt get past leath jackets, a large one should. Up his armor piercing bite.

Hmm, very tempting. I might go as far as to double its base damage relative to normal rattlers. I mean I beefed up giant cellar spiders by a lot, but all I gave rattlers over the original version was a fancy bite. Having less dodge than the normal rattler was intended though, it’s not meant to be a ninja snek.

Just keep in mind that skill is only useful in relation to the counter-skill.

i.e. My 4 dodge is awesome right now againts 5 and 6 melee skill zombies, but I wont fly far against skill 9 monsters. So if you want this to be a latter game mon you should mark it as an upgrade to the base rattler (or restrict its spawn in the spawn lists until (xx)).

As all rpgs, critters need better stats to stay competitive later on, even if in lore they arent any better

Hmm, right. Another reason I largely wanted to make it more beefy and not quite capable of running players down.

I wanted to add an animal equivalent of hulk, but then I realized we can’t give critters stabbing attacks yet.
So I PR’d something that will allow stabbing, armor piercing and weird damage types as basic attack. Took surprisingly little effort to write too.

Ah, hmm. o.o

So, PR is up: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/15167

Not sure if the proposed changes are enough, too much, the wrong way to improve it, or what.

Those dudes are just 100 speed, you can buff them hard.
And since they’re small animal faction, zeds will ignore them so there’s no risk of them becoming too useful for the player.
Unless they start hitting zeds, then they need a different faction and stats that won’t make them just a tanky zombie magnet.

Hmm. Any suggestion for further buffs then?

Halve their attack cost to have them attack twice per turn.
Buff their regular speed to 110.
Test out if they fight with zeds, if they do, don’t buff them at all.

I got a cellar spider spawn. The spiders could barely scratch me despite me being a mutant with toe talon, tentacle arms and beak (all those muts suck for armoring). I couldn’t hit back too well, but that’s no big deal when I can just keep repeating.
But when I lead one out and got it surrounded by zeds, it started shredding them apart, like a mini giant wasp.
They need a rebalance - they’re too scary for zeds and not enough to the player. Damage boost, dodge nerf. OR make them allied with zeds.

EDIT: But when it got barfed at by an acidic zed, it died almost immediately.

Hmm. If I recall, giant rattlesnakes are in the small_animal faction, so zeds should ignore them. Let me test that.

As for giant cellar spiders…hmm. Less dodge, more melee damage?

EDIT: Acidproof spiders?

EDIT 2: Dang, rattlers eventually get pissy at zombies.