[Suggestion] More Enemies that are actually dangerous

Except the Witch doesn’t spawn shitloads of shadows, which is the Wraith’s main gimmick.

Let’s not forget about the status effect that sticks with you til it’s dead.

Ah right, that too. ;w;

That reminds me… If we gave it the new shadowy property that shady zombies have, how annoying would that be?

That would be interesting, especially given its habitat. NV characters would hate it lol

In all honesty I ought to upgrade the wraith and give it (and shadows) a proper dungeon.

Probably a installation deep within the earth like some sort of lab or nuclear waste borehole.

But they must also scream ‘EXTERMINATE’ while they kill you.

But they must also scream 'EXTERMINATE' while they kill you.

Oh god, any one know where the nearest police box is?

The joke monster version for bathrooms and future spas:

I just realized that adding new enemies isn’t really the best way to solve our current problem.
The problem is: current monsters can be trivially wrecked at higher levels and can’t fight back.
A better way of solving it would be to give them more armor of one type (bashing or cutting - in vast majority of cases cutting rather than bashing) and percentage armor piercing.

Though more ranged attacks is also good.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:29, topic:11207”]I just realized that adding new enemies isn’t really the best way to solve our current problem.
The problem is: current monsters can be trivially wrecked at higher levels and can’t fight back.
A better way of solving it would be to give them more armor of one type (bashing or cutting - in vast majority of cases cutting rather than bashing) and percentage armor piercing.

Though more ranged attacks is also good.[/quote]

Just realized. You’ve mentioned before the general idea of making the higher-tier enemies harder to kill, along with other ways to make them so. This idea, along with that idea of making them harder to stunlock, overall sounds feasible.

And I’ll repeat myself here as, this general concept would be the best way to improve the existing dangerous monsters that are already present and ubiquitous, whereas making a common city monster more dangerous offensively would be worse for the early game.

Thus, defensive buffs (or the addition of new defensively-strong monsters) is sane and logical for the general-purpose monsters the player might stumble into, but offensive buffs (or the addition of new offensively-strong monsters) are best implemented more precisely, to flesh out the monster variety of specific locations, ideally ones the player won’t blunder into unintentionally.

You guys mean monster evolution?

I wouldn’t trust the monster evolution mechanics with this, no. :V

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:28, topic:11207”]The joke monster version for bathrooms and future spas:

And yet that isn’t even the silliest dalek-catchphrase joke I’ve heard.

I had a thought. What about including a Zombie equivalent to the Spider/Wasp nest houses in cities? Like a house FILLED to the brim with zombies. Maybe even have the curtains closed so that a night raider gets an unpleasant surprise during his looting spree? As they stand, wasp and spider houses are a BOON to players, as they provide a sort of “buffer zone” where both factions are too busy fighting each other to be a threat to the players. None of that with Zombie nests.

Also, a random idea I mentioned was making boomer bile flammable, and making the bile actually stick around even when the player has cleared their eyes of it, until they towel or rinse or something. Meaning a boomered player can be lit on fire by any spark from, say, a shocker, or the hypothetical fire zombies someone mentioned, or even perhaps their own lighter as they light the shrub fire of death, or a molotov. Just a fun thought.

We already have that. It’s called hordes mode. Or large city size. Or large spawn setting. XP

We already have that. It’s called hordes mode. Or large city size. Or large spawn setting. XP[/quote]

And if a house if filled to the brim with zombies, chances are it won’t be a house for long.

No chances about it. You see what they do to buildings?

Yeah. Making a mapgen gimmick out of anything that can bash and gets the “groupbash” ability is a Fun idea. o3o

Instead of a house filled with zombies, the clear solution is to make… a zombie house!