[Suggestion] Grog

So you knocked over a liquor store, and you’re now lugging around 3 barrel’s of fine Irish Whiskey. But you can’t drink it without dehydrating yourself and giving you the hangover from hell.

Jealous at all the pirates who boozed their way to an early grave, and lived their lifes on rum, ale, and more rum?
And you’re tired of puking your intestines out because you drank from the toilet again?

Well, why not do what all the cool pirates and corsairs did before the apocalypse happened. And that’s drink Grog!

What is grog you might ask, well to make it easy. It’s water and alcohol mixed together for one ‘‘yummy’’ drink that will quench your thirst, and give you a light buzz at the same time.
“Why would I want to make grog?” you might ask, well when you got the decision of getting dehydrated/smashes, or becoming sick from water poisoning… Grog is the ultimate trade-off between the two. You take 2 units of water, and you take 1 unit of any strong spirit, and you combine them for 3 units of Grog. It might not be as quenching as clean water, and it might not make you as drunk as straight up booze. But it will make sure you can survive those tough days where you don’t have a full kitchen unit to purify gallons of water.

It can help you survive in places where clean water and purification isn’t common.

So what would grog be. Half/quarter quenching as ordinary water, more enjoyable than water, less enjoyable as proper booze. Slower to make you drunk than booze. And finally, it makes you feel like a proper pirate drinking diluted booze and getting the most dissapointing buzz known to man.

Yarr!

…I’m not sure if I did end up adding it or not, but I do remember trying to add something similar to this. Ran into the problem at the time that the way alcohol ‘strength’ is handled didn’t allow for “watered down booze” though I suppose someone could code it proper this time.

Im not known with the code, but I would assume that every type of alcoholic beverage has a ‘‘strength’’ number attached to it right? Or is everything just as strong as the other thing? Like is Pale ale just as strong as Vodka?

if it’s just a number, then it could easily be made lower right?

[quote=“deknegt, post:3, topic:8148”]Im not known with the code, but I would assume that every type of alcoholic beverage has a ‘‘strength’’ number attached to it right? Or is everything just as strong as the other thing? Like is Pale ale just as strong as Vodka?

if it’s just a number, then it could easily be made lower right?[/quote]

I think it’s just two flags if I remember right

Three now, weak/standard/strong. Most beer is already Weak, but IIRC rum is Standard so it could be watered to weak.