Distillery

Seems simple enough to take old strawberries/blueberries/apples/sugar and turn it into mash.

Then with a rubber hose, water supply, few pots and pans, and a nearby fire, turn all that into high quality hard liquor.

There’s a still you can craft.

Oh sweet! Knew that this is something DDA should have.

Is it fully operational yet?

Yes.

Can it actually make alcohol or does it just mix vodka with strawberrys/blueberrys?

Still not sure how to make the still.

But a still is for distilling alcohol, not just mixing shit up.

Maybe its in git version only, or i just don’t have enough skill.

Experimental I think. But the still does just mix up a few things.

Aw shoot, would be sweet to be able to produce liquor.

Even though liquor stores usually have an extreme abundance of it.

Yeah, a bootlegger character would be fun to make, and a pretty cool profession. Maybe if professions can start having custom spawns, it could start in a shack in the woods with a few stills set up.

I may look into expanding the role of the still.

Proper distillation of alcoholic beverages might be a bit long and laborious for truly realistic handling, but I can already see possibilities for a simplified and streamlined system like what I did for metalworking.

I’ll add it to my list, but don’t expect to see anything major come out of it before 0.8 rolls around due to the pre-release string freeze.

Can also have the still blow up while distilling.

Bootlegger would be awesome.

Could start with a few bad traits, but a nice setup out in the woods, maybe a few survival skills too.

Hahahaha! Guess that shit does happen…

[quote=“Rivet, post:10, topic:3024”]I may look into expanding the role of the still.

Proper distillation of alcoholic beverages might be a bit long and laborious for truly realistic handling, but I can already see possibilities for a simplified and streamlined system like what I did for metalworking.

I’ll add it to my list, but don’t expect to see anything major come out of it before 0.8 rolls around due to the pre-release string freeze.[/quote]

Awesome, you rock.

Definitely think a simplified version of distilling the random fermentable items would be frequently used.

Just a suggestion,
Maybe, get a gallon jug, put one of the following in with water;
Strawberries
Blueberries
Apples
Sugar
Oranges
Lemons

let it sit for a few days, or if they are already rotten-ed, just start the distillation process.

The great thing about schnapps is that it’s somewhat of a partial job, for ex. someone can prep the whole thing for the cook, then the lead man steps up and improves on the routine by taking care of the ingredient ammounts as well as the early flavor, and then you can have your still working constantly (maybe) even without constant care. At last, you can add flavors, and you can use a certain ammount of rotten fruits as it’s only starting to ferment a bit and not much else.
Wiki:
A rectified spirit, rectified alcohol, or neutral spirit(US) is highly concentrated ethanol which has been purified by means of repeated distillation, a process that is called rectification. It typically contains 95% alcohol by volume (ABV). Rectified spirits are also produced by distillers for dilution and mixing with more traditional distilled beverages to produce inexpensive liquor.

So to conclude, a helluva lot of grain. (!)