[Suggestion] Disable traits that have no effect

I think traits like truth teller and ugly should be disabled when you have a world with no npc’s in. Taking those traits when they have no effect on your game is basically cheating.

[tt]As a player you can simply ignore those traits if you so choose. Some people like to take them for free points, yes. Others like to take them for role playing purposes. [/tt]

And some people play with npcs on. I understand what you mean, but unless you want to do the "pretend there are not npcs till there are npcs route then I’m not behind you.

This is basically my opinion, on top of that if you want free points the menu has an option to just have more points.
I’m not sure why the way somebody plays the game is particularly relevant to anybody else.

This is basically my opinion, on top of that if you want free points the menu has an option to just have more points.
I’m not sure why the way somebody plays the game is particularly relevant to anybody else.[/quote]

Some folks like to play singleplayer games competitively: play the game and post your kill count, final stats, etc to be Better. Having varied starts messes that up because they aren’t starting from a fixed floor.

I’m the sort who prefers to just have fun. If I’m gonna Win something, it’s the “Bought Biggest Trophy” trophy.

I’m not sure why the way somebody plays the game is particularly relevant to anybody else.[/quote]

Some folks like to play singleplayer games competitively: play the game and post your kill count, final stats, etc to be Better. Having varied starts messes that up because they aren’t starting from a fixed floor.

I’m the sort who prefers to just have fun. If I’m gonna Win something, it’s the “Bought Biggest Trophy” trophy.[/quote]

I remember when I first started playing using cheat engine to bump my available starting points to around 120? If people are gonna cheat themselves out of a single player experience just to gloat about their e-peen well that’s their problem XD

Hell you ask me it’s more fun opening up a cube van and finding a bobcat (that then proceeds to gingerly maul you) in the back than walking up to a hulk and beating it to death with a rock five minutes into your game.

I’d probably do this except you could simply make your character then turn off the NPCs option.
There’s no reasonable way to enforce it totally, so I’d rather not spend time on it. On the other hand if someone patched it in I’d pull it.

[tt]Well, some of this could be said about almost any negative trait. Far sighted and near sighted, for example. You start with glasses so it isn’t like the trait effects you much and I doubt you would just take off the glasses and not wear them. Addictive personality or lightweight. Easy enough to avoid booze and hard drugs that have a chance of addition. Weak stomach could also be another one. I say leave it up to each player to decide for themselves. :P[/tt]

Yeah, I just kinda accepted it as part of the in development nature of the game and while you could disable those options, they’d have to be reenabled anyway when NPCs are working. I guess that’s just commenting it out and then in again, but you get the gist of what I’m saying.

You build and balance a game around what the finished product is intended to be, not around what it is before it’s finished, I would think?