Suggest a challenge

I’ve recently mustered up the time to get back into Cataclysm, but I have a rather major issue. I find it completely trivial to survive. It’s just too easy to weave through a gigantic horde completely unharmed due to the numerous vehicle wrecks and slow zombies. I’ve tried playing with static spawn off, low attributes, the hardcore trait, no guns, and more, but nothing seems to help. So, suggest a challenge!

Clear out a whole town, then build walls around it.

I tried playing an amish character some times ago : no motorized vehicles, no high tech items, no drugs (except for popy painkillers). Try wearing only one of each types of clothing (no metagaming :P) in a natural order - no backpacks on top of eachother, 3 pairs of pants , etc. On top of this make your char a wanderer, no base or such. Have only what you can carry.

Set yourself a purpose : clean all fungals, or triffids, or nether creatures. Play with skill rust on (on 1 though).
Build a house in the middle of a swamp :slight_smile:

Have you explored every type of building and area? if yes then get an enormous kill count and post the screen cap.

first post, Good day sir you really want a challenge? go to your game directory edit mtypedef.cpp and edit the monsters hp values and stats except their melee sides you can even make shocker zombies go pew pew at you if you change their special frequency as well as change some monsters special attacks. ( I did these for zombies and game them hp values stretching from 200-300 for normal ones and 400-800 for specials) made smoker zombies actually grab you by adding a simple MF_GRABS, flag and many more stuff.)

M## : is the melee sides don’t touch these values unless you want serious rapage
itm : is the drops value which you could lower it to give lower drops
special freq : would determine rate of special attack if you set this to 1 expect this every turn don’t set change this value for shrieker as the shrieker will do nothing except shriek every turn.
spd : so you want fast zombies? edit this to 100-130 anything higher than that well expect no escape
msk : Melee skill determines hit rate higher values means your dodge and dex needs to be high
mdi : melee dice= basically a multiplier for dmg
cut left side of dge : melee cut translated means they do this cutting dmg on attacks
dge : raise this value if you want zombies to magically dodge your attacks
bash and cut on the right side means their natural armor so if you raise these too high well expect them to be very resilient and hard to kill with ordinary weapons/ non piercing weapons.

anyway mtype.h should give you descriptions about monster flags.
Also I don’t know a way to incorporate 2 specials so meh. I wanted a zombie dog that leaps and bites at the same turn.

Haven’t gotten to the part where I have digger zombie miners that pops out of that dirt mound to bite and grap you (MF_DIGS,)

Depends of what type of challenge you are looking for exactly. If you want something extremely tedious and time-consuming (like I had the misfortune of doing once), clear a town that is at least 12x12 tiles big and loot everything and store all of them in a single building. According to the time it took me, it should take about 6 or 7 RL hours… if you don’t do anything else during the hard work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, for a more exciting challenge, create a new character and try killing everything you see with rocks, or for real !!FUN!!, clear a swamp. If you can manage it, clear another one, this time using only rocks. >:-)

build bruce lee.
Unarmed and bashing weapons only.
destroy a town with your fists.

I suggest you to play other games or do something else for a while.

Hey, that’s not very challenging!

Thank you!

[quote=“ComputerWarrior, post:6, topic:1647”]Depends of what type of challenge you are looking for exactly. If you want something extremely tedious and time-consuming (like I had the misfortune of doing once), clear a town that is at least 12x12 tiles big and loot everything and store all of them in a single building. According to the time it took me, it should take about 6 or 7 RL hours… if you don’t do anything else during the hard work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, for a more exciting challenge, create a new character and try killing everything you see with rocks, or for real !!FUN!!, clear a swamp. If you can manage it, clear another one, this time using only rocks. >:-)[/quote]
Moved in a town on my first week, now it’s early winter and I’m only through a few houses. I spend most my time with vehicles, cleaning water and making food that doesn’t go bad.

Hey, that’s not very challenging![/quote]
It’s a challenge to stop playing Cataclysm.

Hey, that’s not very challenging![/quote]
It’s a challenge to stop playing Cataclysm.[/quote]
Killing Floor, hardest difficulty, longest game, alone. Go!

Try to collect and install most (if not all) bionics.
At least certain sets.

Live off of only human corpses, labs, and military bunkers (to use the ID cards).
Or jsut us debug mode to give yourself every bad trait ever known to cataclysm kind.

It’s not supposed to be challenging the front of survival, it’s the end of year you should be aiming at. I pinched my Car here and there, removed the muffler and crushed a small town’s Z resistance. But then came the fungs, and thereafter the triffs, and now my Car is some tree’s shiny trinket.
My only point is at _dynamic, not your perception of the game, Steelfist.

Nudist. Can’t wear any items so all you get is the base 3 volume carry capacity + whatever you’re wielding.

Addict : Every time you come across drugs, you must pick them up and take them as soon and as often as you can without ODing.

Martial Artist : No weapons, only fists. Fight like a man, only wimps use weapons.

Pyromaniac : Every building you enter, you must raze as you leave. Burn everything.

The Light! It Burns! : Only go out at night. The daylight burns your skin.

Water in Videogames is Almost Always Evil : Other than bottled water, you must steer clear of any water sources, including rain.

I Am Become Death : See how quickly you can find a mini nuke and kill yourself with it.

Bookworm : Every book you see must be collected. Stop what you’re doing and grab those lovely novels!

Carnivorous : You ain’t no hippie. Red blooded American men eat red blooded American meat. You’re not allowed to eat any plant-based products, including bread, pretzels, and potato chips.

Pacifist : Never fight. If something wants to kill you, just turn around and run away, or find a way to get it to kill itself. As long as you dont ever directly deal damage, then do whatever you please.

That’s all I could think of.

Play Whales’ last build.

Combine every challenge listed in this thread and do them all at once.

Pacifist Vegan Gravedigger run.

Do not harm, intentionally or otherwise, anything. Do not butcher anything. Do not kite things into rocky ground, or sharp metal, barbed wire or fire.
Do not place traps that could cause harm.

All corpses you meet must have a burial. i.e dig a hole, throw them in and fill it back up. Accepted burial sites:
Chruch, FEMA camp mass grave, sewer, temple altar.

This includes, but is not limited to: Zombies, eldritch abominations, Squirrels, wolves and other such woodland folk.
Self-defence against zombies is allowed only as long as you are using a shovel or digging stick for a weapon.