Overpowered / Bored, What to do now?

Hello this is my 4th run through, or well, attempt at the game, and my guy has lasted more than a year. I have plenty of food, gas, mutagens, medication, you name it. Ive been guzzling down mutagens like an alcoholic and installing bionics to make the game a bit different but being a very hungry slime monster isnt exactly thrilling or game changing. I do go on trips out of town with my car occasionally. i searched most of my town, all science labs and military bunkers and most of the items i dont even need anymore because i have such a huge hoard.

So my question is, What do you guys do when your bored / ridiculously overpowered in Cataclysm, Dare i say… The game has gone easy??

Try to find an actually useful artifact at the bottom of a temple. That should keep you occupied for a while.

Sounds more tedious than fun the way you said it haha

Load up all your stuff into a car and move to another city. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

Sounds like a cool plan, was thinking of just restarting all together. The problem with moving to a new town is that, I still have my huge hoard of items that can last me multiple lifetimes, so theres not much of a reason going to a new city other than more zombies and exploring.

Take what’s on your back and walk.

Or make your own car, and drive there as fast as you can. (You’re on static spawn mode I take it?)

Once you reach a certain level of play it’s hard to actually die without doing something stupid, like crashing into a building at full speed while going through amphetamine withdrawal.

I suggest you go to the bottom of every mine, break through some temples, plunge into hazardous waste sarcophagis etc. until a new version or you die somehow.

Once you reach post-threshhold slime you’re pretty set for most things though. Did you even get any negative mutations from it?

Or restart with a different build/goal in mind. Some are easier than others.

Suicide run into an amigara fault, you have my respect if you can live after that. Also try to make a walled off base and turn NPCs on and do missions.

Wait for Cataclysm 2.

Start a new character and:

-Dont drink mutagen.
-Dont instal CBMs.
-Dont use medieval weapons (swords, maces, quarterstaves, all that strong melee stuff).
-Turn (un)capped skill rust on.

Suddenly the game is actually challenging!

[quote=“IcedPee, post:9, topic:6114”]Wait for Cataclysm 2.[/quote] Im pretty sure that a Hoax [quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:6114”]Start a new character and:

-Dont drink mutagen.
-Dont instal CBMs.
-Dont use medieval weapons (swords, maces, quarterstaves, all that strong melee stuff).
-Turn (un)capped skill rust on.

Suddenly the game is actually challenging![/quote] I like some of your ideas Bionics are definitely Good with no draw backs, however i feel mutations add a nice creamy flavor to the game that brings bad along with the good

Say i like your ideas, i might just do something similar to that on another character, this guys im actually trying do what i can in the game being at my level of killing power

Pump up your spawn rate factor and turn on wander spawns, hordes will eventually start kicking on your door and entering the town is a lot difficult. You can also turn on npcs and hunt all of them down, some are easy to kill, others are very fun.

Wait wanderings spawns??? thats not a default setting? Where is this and how do i get it to rape me? i already have static npcs turned on, the only npc ive found yet though was the one at the evac shelter, and ive been around the map.

[quote author=Creamy Goodness link=topic=6434.msg118177#msg118177 date=1399935919]

[quote=“IcedPee, post:9, topic:6114”]Wait for Cataclysm 2.[/quote] Im pretty sure that a Hoax

Nah, Whales has been talking about it on his Tumblr and Twitter, it’s real.

[quote author=IcedPee link=topic=6434.msg118189#msg118189 date=1399937237]

[quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:11, topic:6114”][quote=“IcedPee, post:9, topic:6114”]Wait for Cataclysm 2.[/quote] Im pretty sure that a Hoax

Nah, Whales has been talking about it on his Tumblr and Twitter, it’s real.[/quote]

Ah, well whether it will be a true predecessor or another diablo 3 only time will tell

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:6114”]Start a new character and:

-Dont use medieval weapons (swords, maces, quarterstaves, all that strong melee stuff).[/quote]

Or you can play Cataclysm inverse of this suggestion and play…Cataclysm:MEDIEVAL

Use ONLY items that would have existed in that time period. Want a flashlight? Too bad. Craft yourself a torch, chump. No CBMs. No mininukes. I usually make a small exception for literature that teaches you crafts for time-period friendly equipment. I had a guy running around for a good while in full plate armor swinging a zwei around at everything.

Wait wanderings spawns??? thats not a default setting? Where is this and how do i get it to rape me? i already have static npcs turned on, the only npc ive found yet though was the one at the evac shelter, and ive been around the map.[/quote]
Experimental mode only IIRC.

Wait wanderings spawns??? thats not a default setting? Where is this and how do i get it to rape me? i already have static npcs turned on, the only npc ive found yet though was the one at the evac shelter, and ive been around the map.[/quote]

Experimental mode only IIRC.[/quote]
Awww I would try it, but mah saves, I need mah dependable saves

Experimental mode only IIRC.[/quote]
Awww I would try it, but mah saves, I need mah dependable saves[/quote]

Hordes make the game so much more fun. You just said your save was boring anyways. I went experimental two days ago, so fun. Several characters died brutal deaths, I finally have one who has worked out a system to avoid hordes… For now.

Also, a question, I get tonnes of crashes with NPCs on, is that caused by static or random NPCs? Or both? Any way to enjoy NPCs and not have to deal with constantly reloading the game?

Nope.