Strange bleeding bug?

0.A Stable
SDL
Windows 7

A bear broke through the window while I was sleeping, and during the fight it caused my torso to bleed, which I was able to successfully stop by using a rag. However, my martial arts using character blocked most of it’s attacks with her arms and legs until I was able to kill it. Now her left arm seems to be badly bleeding, but it’s not indicated as such with the red text, or on the status screen. I’ve used multiple bandages on the left arm, yet the bleeding still continues and won’t stop.

I’m not sure what caused this to happen exactly, but I’m pretty sure it’s a bug. I’ll attach my save file if anybody wants it, but I don’t know which file it is. (the entire save folder is too large to attach)

This has been noted in other threads as a persistent bug and has been brought up previously to the devs.
I’m not entirely sure if it’s fixed in the update, but I personally haven’t yet had that problem.

As far as your character, apart from reloading a previous save from before the attack, there isn’t much else you can do for her, unless you want to use the debug menu.

What debug command could I use to stop bleeding?

Give yourself the Regeneration and Pain Recovery mutations (temporarily) and remove them once you’ve healed, to be fair.
If you care about being fair, that is.

Right on. Thanks, I haven’t messed with the debug menu yet at all; I’d rather not lose this character to a bug.

No problem, man.

What I did was actually spend a whole character just playing with all the different items and mutations. I strongly recommend it, as it helps you understand the game better and the possibilities for your character, as well as the content that is actually in the world, specifically the rarer items. It’s definitely worth a try, but don’t get too caught up in it. It’s good to play around with but not to be taken seriously when you’re just having a hayday in the debug.

What I would do if I were you would be just create a second world and character to test things out with. It really does help to know the intricacies of the game mechanics, and the debug functions are a big element of that. You can just delete the second character and world when you’re done playing around, you really have nothing to lose by doing it, and there’s a lot to be learned.