Storing water in cans

Why can’t we?

I have two tin cans, an aluminum can, a bucket, a river, two fire drills, thirteen two by fours, and a dehydrated survivor because there aren’t any bottles lying around. When I try to go to the river to make clean water, I can’t because I don’t have anything to store clean water in. You can already store water that is the result of a recipe (like clean water) in a can, so why not just regular water? This poor sap is going to die because I can’t take water from a river into a can.

I guess I could always just take the water straight, but I’d prefer to avoid food poisoning.

I think it’s because you can’t move an open can that has something inside because open cans are not resealable.

That does make sense, but I don’t think it’s a good enough reason to die of dehydration. If you wield a can, you can still carry it around unsealed, and if they were sealed prior to being placed in your inventory, then you can still carry them until you drop them.

I know that if I were in that circumstance, I’d find a way to make it work. I had to waste a first aid kit on bite wound because a fat zed on a bush moves faster than my character, while sprinting, right now.

If you make clean water, then you can put it in a can, regardless of whether the can is in your inventory, or just on the ground adjacent, but you need a bottle first.

Edit: Never mind. I just found out that if you wield the can first, you can place water into it.

In experimental version, you can carry pots, buckets etc. and have water in them.
You can even fill those containers while they’re on the ground or in your hands, you just can’t place them in inventory or vehicle containers without spilling them.

You have to wield non resealable containers with liquids.

You can bash zombie with a pot of clam chowder, without spilling.

Good quality Chinese clam chowder tin cans.

Chinese clam chowder is clam fried with egg and red potato starch.

I have been wondering about this since like 2014.

The other thing you could do is boil the water AT the river. If you’re that desperate for water…

i made a post into a signature because not dying of thirst actually gets asked that often, sorry it’s an eye-gouge sorta, forums software didn’t want me to use more than six lines.

Can resealer doesn’t make sense in this regard? Just keep in mind this water should not be considered clean unless used in a recipe system to “Food: Clean and seal water”

REquires can reseal machine and…etc.

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:12, topic:13947”]Can resealer doesn’t make sense in this regard? Just keep in mind this water should not be considered clean unless used in a recipe system to “Food: Clean and seal water”

REquires can reseal machine and…etc.[/quote]Wouldn’t it just be easier to make/use a plastic lid that’s clipped on to place?
Actually, cool idea for cataclysm: Tupperware.

Someone should probably put in a fix for that.

Someone should probably put in a fix for that.[/quote]
When you bash the zombie with your pot of concentrated acid(8) you accidentally splash it on the zombie.
Zombie is covered in acid.

Reminds me of the old days, when I played as a medieval peasant, I collected all containers including cans from the grass.