Carboys, the worst idea?

I found a Carboy full of some chemicals and thought “Hey, I could use those for a large water storage.” So two questions. Will the chemicals that were in the carboy contaminate the water i put in it, and can i fill plastic bottles from the carboy?

1. You can’t mix liquids.

2. You can pour liquids to other containers. 'W’ield it, 'U’nload it and do’N’t pour it on the floor.

All containers are futuristing containers where no residue is left on the inside no matter what was stored. So it’s perfectly safe to dump the bleach and ammonia to make room for water.

That’s what caused the Apocalypse, isn’t it? People went apeshit when those futuristic containers were announced, and yet there were still no hovering cars.

You should totally the possibility to boil the water directly in the container without having to put in an other container.
For example it’s bullshit if you first have to get 6 empty bottles to boil the water in your canteen, move it into the bottles and then pour it back into the canteen.

[quote=“jimy, post:5, topic:315”]You should totally the possibility to boil the water directly in the container without having to put in an other container.
For example it’s bullshit if you first have to get 6 empty bottles to boil the water in your canteen, move it into the bottles and then pour it back into the canteen.[/quote]

A water purifier will purify an entire jerry can in one go. You can make them with enough mechanics and electronics skill, and boy are they convenient. Jerry can + toilet + 40 batteries = 40 clean water! From there I just unload it into canteens before I leave my little encampment.

[quote=“Rutilant, post:6, topic:315”][quote=“jimy, post:5, topic:315”]You should totally the possibility to boil the water directly in the container without having to put in an other container.
For example it’s bullshit if you first have to get 6 empty bottles to boil the water in your canteen, move it into the bottles and then pour it back into the canteen.[/quote]

A water purifier will purify an entire jerry can in one go. You can make them with enough mechanics and electronics skill, and boy are they convenient. Jerry can + toilet + 40 batteries = 40 clean water! From there I just unload it into canteens before I leave my little encampment.[/quote]

Though it’s still not a reason why you shouldn’t be able to boil the water in the canteen.

Canteens are made of plastic, which is a fairly good reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, it’s not intentional behaviour, it’s a fix for an older bug where crafting would consume a container even if it had something in it. Such as your entire jerrycan of water being consumed so you can purify one charge from a bottle.

You can boil water in plastic bottles over fire. Not exactly healthy in the long run, but certainly possible. Good tip if you get lost in the wilderness for realz.

Also: the silicon inside breast implants is extremely toxic. So yeah, poison them survivor.