Stims

That’s because you never tried homecooking. Neither did I so we’re swinging wildly altogether.
Nevertheless, people tend to hate subtle traps within commonly used items (there you see, nothing wrong with yours, too - Psycho is in Fallout ever there for the taking) so the effective description in text (as this game lacks graphical depictions) should contain UTTERLY_NOT_ADVISED.
And punish the character for taking candy from strangers with leprosy, boils, rotten teeth, arrhythmia, liver and kidney failures, and a lifetime
of PAIN:_100_to_200. XD

Would this CBM require the player to also a worshiper of the mighty TROG?

I suggest a military experimental STIM that give the player rapid regeneration and increased speed but after a short duration the STIM will wear off and instead give lower regeneration rate instead, could be useful for some short of tough, mini-boss kind of fights.

There are self-repair nanobots. Read the wikis, please - and enjoy the game.

My bad, still, I think this have the potential to be interesting. From the wiki, it seem that these nanobot have no real downside beside consume power. My proposal was that of a stimulant that boost regeneration for a short time, remove pain, easier to find and have a bad effect upon wearing off (maybe even addictive) - as you can see it have several differences and could add more variety to the game.

“Stimpacks” like those in fallout have a misleading name, and that’s not what I’m going for. In fallout and other assorted games that use them “Stimpacks” Restore health, I’m simply talking about stimulants, “Stimpacks” In fallout have no stimulant effect at all.

“Stimpacks” in the Starcraft universe however knock off about 25% of the marine’s health and then allows them to move faster, and hit harder.