Stims

So, what’s the strongest? Methacola? What can be used the most long-term without risk of your heart going kaboom? Can we get an industrial heart bionic BECAUSE STIMS.

And while we’re at it, some kind of military grade combat stim would be nice… Mayhaps a way to make meth enmass…

Adrenaline injectors are the largest, when you inject yourself with them while still being on an adrenaline rush they provide +100 stim (IIRC the threshold is 250 stim before your heart bursts).

Huh, cbms or mutations that protect against stim overuse would be legit.
I could definitely see a govt making such a thing for a supersoldier program if stims were as effective as they are in game.

We should really have some sort of experimental millitary stim with huge stat gains but a massive overuse penality

There should be a rage drug if were going into combat stims. It would make your character “black out” for several turns and as he/her awakes there are surrounded by a bunch off mutilated corpses, but have it to were it alerts nearby enemies so its not a “win” button.

how do you tell what your stim level is so you dont OD?

You can’t, which is one of the things that makes OD’s so dangerous, there is little or no warning before they happen.

I want my stem packs.

(Lol more fallout references)

[quote=“gtaguy, post:8, topic:3442”]I want my stem packs.

(Lol more fallout references)[/quote]

If we’re gonna be going with stimulants and fallout references might as well go with “Psycho” Which according to the lore is a military chem, but then again it’s still unclear how Jet got to The Capitol Wasteland (If you’re gonna be all blarg and ignore Fallout: Tactics because of engine limitations…)

…While I’m thinking of Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel I can’t help but think of “Mutie” it had a nice clusterfuck of side effects and a painful come-down but what it’d do was increase strength dramatically (I think I went from 10 Strength in Powered armor to 14 maybe 16, in Tactics SPECIALs could go above 10) while draining Intelligence dramatically (I think six points, maybe 8) and lowering Charisma by 6 points. …The game could use a strength boosting chem, tired of firing up cheat engine to move wrecks XD

In tactics you could recruit ghouls and supermutants, whose stats didn’t necessarily stop at 10. >.>

Something like psycho would be nice. Maybe a huge boost, but repeated use might give you schizophrenia, or short-term hallucinogenic effects.

Oh, DO merge in some stims made off mutagen concept, so we’re able to actually cook ourselves into death.
Fifteen minutes of fame and a lifetime of PAIN:_100.

[quote=“vultures, post:11, topic:3442”]Oh, DO merge in some stims made off mutagen concept, so we’re able to actually cook ourselves into death.
Fifteen minutes of fame and a lifetime of PAIN:_100.[/quote]

Get web-weaver and try to cook methacola over an open fire. Thermal Dissipation did not save me.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:3, topic:3442”]Huh, cbms or mutations that protect against stim overuse would be legit.
I could definitely see a govt making such a thing for a supersoldier program if stims were as effective as they are in game.[/quote]

And I could see supersoldier stims that would simply outright kill anyone that didn’t have some sort of extra level of protection, to boot.

Just to point out, I’m not against coding in buffs, I’m onto the whole bunch that hadn’t tried eating mutagens and helping themselves with CBMs. I’m a tweaker too, and my singing sword is a matter of my own prefference, not of the whole community.
And a boo-boo to wrap it up - Frog Lickers.

If we’re going with performance enhancing drugs (snickers) I’d say we should implement a drug harness ala juicers from the RIFTS RPG. :smiley:

Chems, Mutation, Bionics, fuck it let’s have it all.

Humanity is for quitters.

Yup, let’s have designer drugs. Designed for military testing, too. Let’s make them veiled - "This seams like some sort of high-grade stimulant.
You haven’t heard of it. Maybe your eyes will pop. Maybe it’s popcorn, let’s try it!"

What range of side and after-effects would you prefer other than plain addiction, and how would it support the !FUN! in the game?

Profanity is for quitters.

[quote=“vultures, post:17, topic:3442”]Yup, let’s have designer drugs. Designed for military testing, too. Let’s make them veiled - "This seams like some sort of high-grade stimulant.
You haven’t heard of it. Maybe your eyes will pop. Maybe it’s popcorn, let’s try it!"

What range of side and after-effects would you prefer other than plain addiction, and how would it support the !FUN! in the game?

Profanity is for quitters.[/quote]

Well you said it yourself, maybe not a lifetime of pain but a significant amount of time? Damage to the body? The chem “Psycho” in fallout would increase damage dealt while lowering intelligence, correct me if I’m wrong on this but having a stim level over 20 scares NPCs right?

Here’s the holotape from Operation Anchorage on Psycho, pulled it off the wiki for those interested.

[spoiler]Physician’s Log, Doctor Adrienn Adami, United States Army, Anchorage, Alaska forward base.

Considering what’s at stake, General Chase and I both feel the chem codenamed “Psycho” can be of significant use during this operation.

I’ve read the early clinical trials, and there are certainly some possible side effects – dementia, psychotic aggression. And of course addiction.

But the adverse effects seem limited. Okay, I do realize the chem was developed by Chase’s R&D division, but if the thing works it works.

Can we really afford to be picky at this point? Some of these groundpounders have family in Anchorage. I’ll give them any boost I damn well can.

I just hope my Hippocratic Oath is still speaking to me when this whole mess is over with…[/spoiler]

Lemme be clear, I want a wide selection of buffs too just as long they ain’t stimpacks in their descriptive layout, boosting health whilst healing
every type of damage there is. That’s called Divine Healing here-there, and here we pack buffs as comestibles - not insta-miracles.
If there is any need for a steroid-bound substance that further endulges in stimulating the brain so the body keeps up with the strain, I’m
totally OK with that. Keep in mind, though, that the legend tells of test-dummy squads sent into the eye of battle only to return for further
testing, forgotten about for the entire future. All this is for - the actual addition should be fun, just as coke whereas you snort a bump only to
get you through a close one. I just don’t want to see using a stim yields a crystalmeth-like addiction and a recovery process, because dirty
drugs do just that.

[quote=“vultures, post:19, topic:3442”]Lemme be clear, I want a wide selection of buffs too just as long they ain’t stimpacks in their descriptive layout, boosting health whilst healing
every type of damage there is. That’s called Divine Healing here-there, and here we pack buffs as comestibles - not insta-miracles.
If there is any need for a steroid-bound substance that further endulges in stimulating the brain so the body keeps up with the strain, I’m
totally OK with that. Keep in mind, though, that the legend tells of test-dummy squads sent into the eye of battle only to return for further
testing, forgotten about for the entire future. All this is for - the actual addition should be fun, just as coke whereas you snort a bump only to
get you through a close one. I just don’t want to see using a stim yields a crystalmeth-like addiction and a recovery process, because dirty
drugs do just that.[/quote]

Fair enough, don’t see anything wrong there XD