Low-grade methampetamine. Is it worth the risk?

I’ve got a Broken Cyborg character on Day 13 of Spring, Year 1.
I have enough books to raise Mechanics to 6, Electronics to 5, whereupon I can grind it to 6, and First Aid to whatever Guide to Advanced Emergency Care gets it to.

I also have a couple dozen felonies worth of low-grade methamphetamine from a pile of corpses outside of a school, and an abandoned storefront.

I’m racing the clock here, so I’m going to need all the help I can get to remove the worst bionics successfully, since the odds seem to consistently be 60% worse than the game reports them, so what I need to know is how much using the amphetamines raises your odds of success, and what the odds of OD’ing and dying are, to determine whether it’s worth the risk. Also, do the effects of the low-grade methamphetamine stack with those of Adderall and Caffeine, or is it all just “stimulant”?

one dose of meth without any withdrawl currently going on shouldn’t kill you, odds are based on your strength stat, if it’s more then 10 then the odds are extremely low. and yes nly take ONE dose of meth, more doesn’t get you anything, what really helps is adderall or any other high power stimulants, 3 adderall can get you to +8 int from stimulant effect. both of them together can easily take something that has 30% failure to like 5% failure.
and focus, get the 100% have to go NOW faulty bionics out before the just annoying bionics.

So the meth doesn’t help much, then? That’s good to know.

I was going to get rid of the Leaky Bionic, then Acidic Discharge, but that character ran into a Hulk, and is now in the ground.

[quote=“mentos046, post:3, topic:13921”]So the meth doesn’t help much, then? That’s good to know.

I was going to get rid of the Leaky Bionic, then Acidic Discharge, but that character ran into a Hulk, and is now in the ground.[/quote]

Shoulda smoked the meth to get away from the hulk. Such is life in the zone.

Meth is great and rather safe, it’s just that it leaves you exhausted at the end.
It’s the strongest common “buff potion” in unmodded game.

I started crying of laughter when I read this.

Cheeki breeki

Outrunning a Zombie Hulk isn’t normal. But on Meth it is.

Meth. Maybe just once.

My characters regularly down 3 doses of meth to boost their int, and yes multiple doses help, but only to a point. I think it caps out at three. Sometimes I end up dealing with the withdrawal, but it’s usually worth the int boost for installing/removing CBMs.

This proves that the occasional bag of meth, is not only worth the risk but long-term healthy for you.

First off, kudos to the OP for describing the quantity of meth his/her character had accumulated as “felonies” worth. What’s up with all of the “drug deal gone wrong” body spawns, where everyone basically has normal clothes and either low-grade meth or cocaine? I usually find a Mi-Go spawned near these too. It’s like…WTF, are the Mi-Go trying to corner the drug market?

Are there ever plans to add high-grade methamphetamine to the game? Or is shitty meth the only meth?

(It is one of the few drugs I strongly, strongly advise against doing in real life. But not from any personal experience, thankfully. And I have done put some crazy stuff in my body.)

I usually stay away from Meth in cataclysm play-throughs, I think probably because it has that “low grade” descriptor makes it sound bad for you. I’m all about that yayo, though. Potion of awesome. If you manage not to get addicted to the nose candy, I mean.

I found a plastic bottle with 2 charges of Atomic Coffee in a Coffee Shop. How will that affect my odds of successful removal of a Leaky Bionic at 6 Electronics, 6 Mechanics, 3 First Aid with 14 Intelligence before the coffee?

Edit: For anyone who still cares, I pulled it off! Two doses of Atomic Coffee later, both Leaky Bionic and Acidic Discharge are gone.

[quote=“mentos046, post:11, topic:13921”]I found a plastic bottle with 2 charges of Atomic Coffee in a Coffee Shop. How will that affect my odds of successful removal of a Leaky Bionic at 6 Electronics, 6 Mechanics, 3 First Aid with 14 Intelligence before the coffee?

Edit: For anyone who still cares, I pulled it off! Two doses of Atomic Coffee later, both Leaky Bionic and Acidic Discharge are gone.[/quote]

Hunt down something to reduce radiation levels as well. You’ll probably only need a single dose of it. Atomic coffee does irradiate on consumption. It’s not going to give you rad poisoning from just 2 charges but it never hurts to be safe.

Meth. Not even once…

I’m so disappointed that I can’t cook high-grade meth. Some of my own “blue sky” in the back of my RV if you know what I mean.

yeah, is kinda funny you can whip up a mutation cocktail but you can’t purify some meth.

The “low-grade” descriptor should just be removed if there’s not going to be any other kind of meth in the game, tbh.