Static spawn doesnt work

Seems to me that in the nightly build the static spawn isn’t working. zombies keep spawning in areas that i cleared out multiple times. this is a fresh download from an hour or so ago. Anyone else having this issue?

I also verified that the static spawn in options was set to true. sorry if this has already been discussed.

did you reset and start a new map after setting it to static in the options?
it requires you start a new game (map reset + new character).
And i think some monsters like mosquitos and fungies do respawn but im not sure.

Zombies shouldnt be respawning but they can be revived if you dont butcher their corpses.

latest builds – zeds don’t always stay dead unless you butcher them, they have a chance to revive

A chance? Or a set time until?

A chance, with a set minimum age.

You can also smash up or otherwise damage dead zeds to help keep them down, if for whatever reason butchering isn’t an option.

now that i think better about it, there’s something not ok with zeds coming back to life. Not the fact that they come back, but the added “butcher them or else” think is kinda… bleah. It just adds something not fun to do after killing them. Like having to poop after eating. It worked nice as a surprise first time(s), but after it became boring and a bother.
Maybe if butchering would take longer, depending on the weight of the corpse, so while you butcher the hulk you don’t want back the other zeds from the undead horde come to life for the second round… or having to burn the bodies you don’t want to see again ( or having to eat them to stop them from reviving :DD) IDK… but the current kill butcher cleanse repeat thingie … meh

Well it was static is the default setting so it shouldnt matter if i reset the game. If it turns out they were coming back to life one thing they should take from dwarf fortress adventure mode is the ability to have aimed attacks so maybe we can shoot or hit a zombie in the head in order to fully kill it. That way you do not have to butcher everything.

I know if you do enough damage with a ranged weapon the corpse IS destroyed…

Yeah, we’re going to be adjusting the zombie revival mechanic over time, in the hopes that we can maximize the good effects while minimizing the bad.

We’ve already added corpse pulping after someone suggested it here, and we’d like to have it possible to put down a zombie for good just by attacking it enough (either with a very powerful attack, or by repeatedly killing the same zombie). Assuming no interference, of course.

As cool as aimed attacks would be; at present you always aim for the head. Hitting or no is a matter of skill.

Of note: A well-placed .308-round will vaporize most zeds, and in fact most everything. Get yourself a rifle and go crazy.

As cool as aimed attacks would be; at present you always aim for the head. Hitting or no is a matter of skill.

Of note: A well-placed .308-round will vaporize most zeds, and in fact most everything. Get yourself a rifle and go crazy.[/quote]

I find a well placed .44 does too, and shotguns rarely leave a body at all.

Even .45 is enough to blow most zombies into giblets with a headshot.

The difference is that with a Savage 111F or SCAR-H you can obliterate an army of zombies at ranges of over 9000.

For shotguns and handguns you need to get up close and personal.