[Spoilers] Sketch

Unilateral design-doc change, Kevin?[/quote]
I’ve been in favor of retirement like endings for a while, and this is a variant of that. it’s the ‘save the world’ endings that i don’t think belong in the genre.

Thinking about more train stuff, train stations, military depots, warehouses/factories, alternate to the hazardous waste sarc would all be good rail connections.

I’ll gladly be willing to put a train station in the voting for next time, are tracks something we might see soon?

Anyone willing to bug test the mall, please do!

Wuzzy made some train track tiles, and I think vache is looking at integrating them into map gen.

Wuzzy made some train track tiles, and I think vache is looking at integrating them into map gen.[/quote]

Yeah, rail station (hopefully integrated with subways) would be a major boost. I’d also like to support enhanced labs or the nuke plant.

IMO a Vault would only continue Cataclysm’s cribbing off other IP. Speaking for myself, I think we can do better for “underground facility” than leaning on Fallout. Reworking the existing Lab mapgen or even making more one-off labs (such as a Melchior hub) would be a stronger achievement.

While I definitely want to see rails and power plants, I’d like to suggest some other structures.

A daycare center - Both populated and not, depending on whether it was evacuated in time or not. We need more places for the little morale slayers to spawn en masse.

Sports stadium - Massive on the level of a shopping mall, and again could be occupied or abandoned.

So, by demand we are going with a vault. I’ll do my best to capture the feel based on the games, never did play 3… but if you want one from there it won’t be a problem at all. The only tricky part is that most of the vaults became what they were after decades… not a few weeks.

Should have the mall polished by Friday at the latest.

The mall is now in the experimental builds if you are looking for it.

Hmmm, the poll is completely deadlocked… unless something changes tonight I’ll probably play with the mall a bit more this weekend and start on the new project next week.

hahahaha, I tried to break the deadlock but only made it stronger.

I would like a robotic vault that creates robotic enemies around it like a fungal spire grove, and a player would have to go in a shut off the plant. Bonus points for a creepy ai talking to you the whole time(like the MiGo).

Rewards would be high-tech manufacturing equipment, or other items that cannot be crafted…

As a player normally does not see robotic enemies in mass, this would be a good mid-to late game challenge, which the game lacks a little.

I voted for Vault 12, because a big, irradiated location to explore might give me a reason to make and use one of those armoured hazmat suits for once. :wink:

BROTHERHOOD VAULT !!!
And when the NPC’s get fixed/destroyed and built anew - POPULATED BROTHERHOOD VAULT !!!

This thread will now be dedicated to suggestions and improvements to the mall.

New thread for vault 12:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=6564.0

You know, I think most of the shops should be clothing stores. Just saying…

Shopping malls - 2 to 3 anchor stores, usually larger department stores or clothing stores (JC Penney, Macy’s, Sears, etc.) though supermarkets were used before, and some are returning as anchors.

In between these you have specialty stores - electronics, shoes, specific ‘styles’ of clothing, music, games, bath supplies, hair care and salons, ‘oriental’ stores, art shops and so on. Occasionally you’ll even still see an arcade. Then, of course, you have the kiosks in the center of the halls - Board games, figurines, phone covers, and so on.

The “main entrance” of the mall is usually dominated by a food court. Truthfully, the main entrance is usually less used than the anchor stores to enter the mall (the anchors are there to be the primary draw into the mall.)

Generally you’ll also have stores, gas stations and attractions outside the mall but linked by the large parking lot which surrounds the entire structure.

This is how real malls are set up. I haven’t seen how yours is yet. I just wanted to throw this out as somebody who has spent far too much time in malls.

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:55, topic:5981”]Shopping malls - 2 to 3 anchor stores, usually larger department stores or clothing stores (JC Penney, Macy’s, Sears, etc.) though supermarkets were used before, and some are returning as anchors.

In between these you have specialty stores - electronics, shoes, specific ‘styles’ of clothing, music, games, bath supplies, hair care and salons, ‘oriental’ stores, art shops and so on. Occasionally you’ll even still see an arcade. Then, of course, you have the kiosks in the center of the halls - Board games, figurines, phone covers, and so on.

The “main entrance” of the mall is usually dominated by a food court. Truthfully, the main entrance is usually less used than the anchor stores to enter the mall (the anchors are there to be the primary draw into the mall.)

Generally you’ll also have stores, gas stations and attractions outside the mall but linked by the large parking lot which surrounds the entire structure.

This is how real malls are set up. I haven’t seen how yours is yet. I just wanted to throw this out as somebody who has spent far too much time in malls.[/quote]

Anchors aren’t uniformly department/megastores, but pretty close. There’s one or two that are restaurants (and our local mall has that, so 's all good) and the majority is interior mall-space. Large square structure surrounded by parking lot. acidia can certainly go into greater depth, but that’s the short version.