[SPOILERS] Following the Sarcophagus Team: What now?

Hello! Long time haitus due to college stuff, but I’m back and really enjoying all the new features!

Anyway, quick question. I have a quest to follow a team of soldiers into a waste sarcophagus, and I got there, checked out the basement, the whole shtick. Problem is, I can’t find any sign of them anywhere and the quest isn’t complete.

Am I missing anything? I checked the entire building and the basement to no avail. Thanks!

Hey, I figured you could get down below somehow but never got the code or the interest in hammering my way down. How get?

Only though an npc quest.

Only though an npc quest.[/quote]

Yup. Got the quest, but no sign on the team.

Wait, so if you don’t get a specific NPC quest, the waste sarcophagus won’t spawn with an entry to the basement? Because I don’t have NPCs on and exploring a nearby waste sarcophagus thing didn’t yield anything useful whatsoever. I went through everything in a few minutes, got irradiated, got out. No basement, no nothing. It was a 2x2 building marked with pink X’s on the map.

Wait, so if you don’t get a specific NPC quest, the waste sarcophagus won’t spawn with an entry to the basement? Because I don’t have NPCs on and exploring a nearby waste sarcophagus thing didn’t yield anything useful whatsoever. I went through everything in a few minutes, got irradiated, got out. No basement, no nothing. It was a 2x2 building marked with pink X’s on the map.[/quote]

You can’t use the elevator to get to the basement unless an NPC gives you access codes.

Wait, so if you don’t get a specific NPC quest, the waste sarcophagus won’t spawn with an entry to the basement? Because I don’t have NPCs on and exploring a nearby waste sarcophagus thing didn’t yield anything useful whatsoever. I went through everything in a few minutes, got irradiated, got out. No basement, no nothing. It was a 2x2 building marked with pink X’s on the map.[/quote]

The sarco will spawn with an elevator somewhere, but it can only be unlocked with the code the NPC gives you.

You can also tunnel down to it- its a couple levels below ground.

I’d also like to know where to go from there; same thing happened to me.

Huh. How does one go about doing it (with z-levels disabled)? I have a pickaxe, I hope that will be handy.

Via the construction screen. If there’s a lab close by you can tunnel from there with a jackhammer.

Anyways, I did that quest months ago and I didn’t find any team. I vaguely recall someone mentioning that particular mission is incomplete, so all that’s there is some fairly handy items.

[quote=“Azrad, post:10, topic:11047”]Via the construction screen. If there’s a lab close by you can tunnel from there with a jackhammer.

Anyways, I did that quest months ago and I didn’t find any team. I vaguely recall someone mentioning that particular mission is incomplete, so all that’s there is some fairly handy items.[/quote]

I did make off with a fair amount of mutagen and vinegar. Which is more exciting, I’m not sure.

Huh. How does one go about doing it (with z-levels disabled)? I have a pickaxe, I hope that will be handy.[/quote]

Disabling z-levels just reverts to the old behavior of time freezing everywhere but the current z-level. Z-levels enabled makes the game simulate all z-levels at all times. You will still be able to dig. I think you need some 2x4s and a rope along with that pickaxe to construct a stairway via construction menu

Without enough explosive, sometime, in the recent experimental ground collapse and you can then just climb down/up. The usual digging do the trick too.

One thing though, last time i got into one, i found the code access in his basement. However i could only go from basement=>outside with it; not the opposite.

Never found any NPC either.