Candlebury's guide to building in multiple Z levels!

Are you tired of being limited to a single Z level base? Really need to build that underground complex? Too impatient to wait for the devs to implement Z levels?

Wait no more! I proudly present my method for tunneling into the depths.

What do I need?

The Debug Menu
A cheaters attitude

So how do I do it

Use the editor to create a downward stair/rope/ramp
Create sinkhole trap
Fall into sinkhole (may take several attempts of walking over the sinkhole)
Edit upward stairs on the tile where you fell
???
UNDERGROUND FORTRESS!!

Hope it hasn’t been posted before

I think they are found in the extremely rare trapdoor spider burrows

They’re not unknown in swamps, either. That’s one of the nastier risks, as with those…you either have a 30’ rope and get lucky casting it…or Game Over! Press Spacebar…

Yeah, I managed to find one the other day - the trapdoor spider had cleverly positioned some soldier corpses in its web, which I looted. I was fine going in, but fell through on my way out.

Fortunately, it had left a climbable exit into another web.

How exactly do I ‘create’ a sinkhole trap?

Enter the debug menu, use the map editor, press “t” for traps, search for sinkhole.

They’re not unknown in swamps, either. That’s one of the nastier risks, as with those…you either have a 30’ rope and get lucky casting it…or Game Over! Press Spacebar…[/quote]

And the reasons to never enter the swamps keep growing!

You need a shovel clearly.

[size=1pt]And the menu tile editor.[/size]

[size=1pt]And the menu tile editor.[/size][/quote]

Decoded >:D

I wish we had legitimate means to build a basement…

I wish more houses had basements. I’ve not seen any lately and I could use a stash of weed/arms/gear or whathaveyou right about now. Might want to think about tweaking the house basement spawnrate up a notch or three.

I wish more houses had basements. I’ve not seen any lately and I could use a stash of weed/arms/gear or whathaveyou right about now. Might want to think about tweaking the house basement spawnrate up a notch or three.[/quote]

I’ve found a cool basement myself, lots of arms and ammo. I’ve made it my base.

where to get right algorytm of building basement in the building?
which instruments do i need? what i need to do? step by step

I don’t think you can build a basement yet.

It’s dangerous to dig alone! Take this.

KA101 hands Zireael and vivat each a Pickaxe, entrenching tool, hatchet, hammer, 8 2x4s, a long rope, and Construction 5

its possible to dig donwnstairs i entered sacrofagus by diging stairs near elevator (get ANBC suit before that or you will die) you need to read some books like bird house or home repairs

KA101 thanks :slight_smile:

but which command i need? simply use pickaxe? or from Building menu (shift-8) i need some? exactly what i need except tools?

offtopic: LOL!!! i sometimes not may build correct phrases and use translator and that’s what he told me with a completely innocent translated russian phrase
"but most importantly, what I have to imagine a directive to command me to have sex in the middle of last appeared icon “>” " :)))))))))))))))))))))
hmm. but none the less - what i need to say myself to have icon “>” on the floor or my garage?

A year and the thread is still going! Fabulous. :smiley:

Anyhow I still do this when building basements as I can’t be arsed enough to find pickaxes.

ooh c’mon!
not so long ago - only one year from the beginning.
the main thing - that is still valid.
:slight_smile:

Make pickaxes!

[quote=“vivat, post:16, topic:2708”]KA101 thanks :slight_smile:

but which command i need? simply use pickaxe? or from Building menu (shift-8) i need some? exactly what i need except tools?

offtopic: LOL!!! i sometimes not may build correct phrases and use translator and that’s what he told me with a completely innocent translated russian phrase
"but most importantly, what I have to imagine a directive to command me to have sex in the middle of last appeared icon “>” " :)))))))))))))))))))))
hmm. but none the less - what i need to say myself to have icon “>” on the floor or my garage?[/quote]

Construction menu: “Dig Downstair” goes from z=0 to z-1, whereas “Mine Downstair” (needs a jackhammer rather than a pickaxe) goes from z-1 or lower. Skill 5 to dig and 6 to mine. You’re gonna be a while at it, though–it’s a several-hour project.

(Fabrication 7 needed to forge a pickaxe, Ninja, and it’s only in two books.)