Is that it? [Spoilers probably]

So I recently found a refugee center and survived all the missions i could from the representative, got me a nice shiny scrap of tin(silver) for my chest. Was getting ready for more missions but the guy just told me some soldiers came in by helicopter or something and landed near a pump station. I recognized that as a necropolis building and started looking. Came across one but nobody was there, started looking around in the sewers but nothing. So i wanna know. Is that a bug? should i just keep looking in the sewers? or is this just as far as the questline has been developed? I really hope there’s a little bit more to it.

There is a little bit more story, you’ll find an Old Guard Captain beneath the sewers with a few more missions.

I was wondering about the same thing on another quest path. On the one where you start out by finding an American flag, one of the last(?) missions involve going down a hazardous waste sarcophagus to meet with someone. Didn’t find anyone down there.

The sarcophagus is a bit of a dead end… there were dead soldiers down there at some point to give some sense of closure but most of the random NPC quests were designed to direct the player to explore places they would probably otherwise not bother with (prison, cough cough). I had a tunnel structure that was similar to the ant colonies that spread randomly… but there wasn’t anything really worth seeing other than additional waste bunkers. You can see pictures here:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=941.msg19880#msg19880

The only real future I could see for the basement is a sort of endless battle pit… thousands upon thousands of corpses were dumped there so fighting a never ending stream of behemoth zombie amalgamations for fun could be a thing. I guess we could also add a stairwell and hijack the triffid/fungal code to create a re-spawning zombie field where the only way to stop its spread is to detonate charges and seal the elevator/vent shaft. If the wandering zombie groups ever get fully implemented I guess the HWS could spawn one every few days or something.