Special map note icon for player's home base

How about adding a special map note icon that the player can place on the map to denote the player’s main base?

You can pick the character used and color of a note, so what’s keeping you from adding it yourself?

Alternately, just make an arrangement of notes around it- x marks the spot no?

m
N
R;H:Home Base

whats wrong with a note that says: ‘Giant unsorted piles of possibly useful crap’

Its worked well for me for a while now.

I live in a subway that in my spare time I mined through 5 full map tiles of solid rock into the sewer next door.

-Realization: Nevermind, I had forgotten you can add notes underground.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:6181”]You can pick the character used and color of a note, so what’s keeping you from adding it yourself?[/quote]Ok I didn’t realize that.

Apologies if that came across as hostile, didn’t mean it that way, then read it again and realized it might come across as overly aggressive.

Nope, no offense taken, it was more or less a “duh” thing, as I really haven’t looked at the map lately.

Ditto. Changes that aren’t specifically mentioned in the release changelists are often hard to detect if they’re not in your face.

Err, how exactly do I create a custom map note?

1. map screen plz
  2. highlight the target map tile
  3. N for note, should bring up a box asking you to enter desired text
    2A) Desired character followed by : to select character used. For example, “H:”
    2B) Letter with semicolon to designate color. Example, “g;”
  4. Enter the rest of your note, “Home Base” for example, and hit Enter. Total example is “H:g;Home Base”.

Should come out as H Home Base.

Got it to work, thanks!