Sound 21?! What is happening?

Hello guys, I’ve been playing cata for a couple of weeks and I’ve got pretty far in this savegame. So everything was fine just, till I noticed that I was making 21 sound while walking!! Equivalent to a gunshot or a heavy vehicle. I remember that I only did 6 sound while walking and even less while cycling or driving a vehicle with a electric motor. I don’t have any clumsy or mutations as such, I’ve only Very Strong, Ugly, Marloss Carrier, Heavy Sleeper and Trigger Happy as my traits and I’ve played with these for long and I don’t remember making noise above 6. I really believe that this is a bug since I’m using an experimental release (0.B “Brin” that is). Its really awful to play with such high noise every turn and the worst is that it stacks with other noises (Gunshots, Vehicle sounds etc).

ISSUE SOLVED.

Here is a snapshot:

And here is a snapshot of my current traits and bionics (which I highly doubt are causing it):

Is there any such bug in 0.B, and if there is then will my savegame be screwed up because of this bug. I cannot play anymore now, this really sucks.

The bionic Joint Torsion Ratchet makes the sound. Had the same issue and it went away when I uninstallet that bionic.

edit And I think that it is supposed to make noise, at least I remember reading that somewhere.

It’s not joint torsion. It’s the enhanced hearing

Hearing bionic boosts all noise you hear by 2.5 of its base value. When you walk, you produce 8 noise and thus hear (8*2.5) = 20 noise. Not sure where’s that 1 extra from.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really think that its the enhanced hearing. Even when I took out an old copy of my game (which I used for debug menu purposes) it also had 21 sound. I think it was happening for a long time but I didn’t noticed it since it was not affecting the gameplay.

Yeah, turns out I was wrong. I just assumed it was my joint bionics recently installed but I mixed it up with the Hydraulic Muscles. And now I have to find a new joint bionics since I uninstalled my old one and still made 21 sound when moving, I have enhanced hearing too of course.

The enhanced hearing, according to the wiki, increases the volume of noise by 3,5 and the normal movement sound should be 6 so 3,5*6 gives 21 which matches up with what is seen.

[quote=“Hoa_Binh, post:5, topic:8619”]Yeah, turns out I was wrong. I just assumed it was my joint bionics recently installed but I mixed it up with the Hydraulic Muscles. And now I have to find a new joint bionics since I uninstalled my old one and still made 21 sound when moving, I have enhanced hearing too of course.

The enhanced hearing, according to the wiki, increases the volume of noise by 3,5 and the normal movement sound should be 6 so 3,5*6 gives 21 which matches up with what is seen.[/quote]

Joint Torsion Ratchet is the best power generation cbm imo after the internal furnace. Battery system does work but it’ll not work very good if your internal battery is very large, Ethanol burner works wonders but drastically destroys your unseen health stat (which can cause diseases and sudden death in some extreme cases), idk about the metabolic interchange cbm (I’ve installed one but I never use it) but Joint Torsion Ratchet + Solar Panels CBM + Sunny Weather + Free running in a large field can fill up any amount of bionic power.